Panic, Forum keeps crashing

Okay, Andrej was so kind helping me yesterday, we did a complete back up restore and it worked. This morning when I logged on the forum has crashed again: giving me following message. After we did the full back up and got the forum to work we installed Jake's 'page tab' add on and Xenfans 'welcome block'. There shouldn't be any conflicts with those, but what is this?? Unlike yesterday when we had these errors, today all other tabs work, except the forum tab.

Server Error

Undefined index: last_post_id
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/NodeHandler/Abstract.php at line 129
  2. XenForo_NodeHandler_Abstract->_getForumLikePushableData() in XenForo/NodeHandler/Forum.php at line 46
  3. XenForo_NodeHandler_Forum->getPushableDataForNode() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 645
  4. XenForo_Model_Node->mergePushableNodeData() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 640
  5. XenForo_Model_Node->mergePushableNodeData() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 612
  6. XenForo_Model_Node->pushNodeDataUpTree() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 758
  7. XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeDataForListDisplay() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 28
  8. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index->actionIndex() in EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 9
  9. EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Index->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/corefree/public_html/index.php at line 13

oh dear, I have no idea what you're asking. :-( But I did disable the 8wayrun portal and no, it did not fix it.

the strange thing is that the home page (the portal) is up and if I click on any thread it will take me to it within the forum, that part is working. what's not working is the actual forum tab itself, the front page of the forum is completely gone. We did a complete back up restore last night and it seemed to have fixed it until this morning, now it's crashed again.

I get only a Server Error message after I load your forum. But the column mentioned in the error you posted is from the forum table as mentioned above. To see if it is still in your forum table, go to your phpmyadmin and in the SQL box run this query:

Code:
SHOW COLUMNS FROM `xf_forum`;

It will list all columns that are in your forum table and there you can see if the column in question will show up or not. If not, then it is indeed missing. In that case you can try to recreate it and see if that would solve the issue.

Thank you, Borbole, sadly I don't even know what or where phpmyadmin is. :-) And running a query? Even if I did find such a missing a table I wouldn't know how to rebuild it.

I submitted a ticket, let's hope Mike can figured out what's missing. Otherwise, not sure what I can do, although did a full back up rebuild. Hhhm.

Thank you, Borbole, sadly I don't even know what or where phpmyadmin is. :) And running a query? Even if I did find such a missing a table I wouldn't know how to rebuild it.

I submitted a ticket, let's hope Mike can figured out what's missing. Otherwise, not sure what I can do, although did a full back up rebuild. Hhhm.

You are in very good hands with Mike Blueprint4Love.

Cha~zay, try and disable all add-ons and see if that still yeilds an error? I'm currently at work and unable to check this out in detail, but when I come home tonight and if the problem persists, I'll see what I can do.

Mike was able to fix it. Yes, I had tried the deactivation of all add-ons, but it wasn't working. I also had HostGator do a full backup restore and that worked for a little while. Mike said there were 5 elements missing but he doesn't know why. Could have been due to an add-on or due to human error. He rebuilt the 5 elements, not sure what they were. But I'm grateful.

You're right, it definitely couldn't have been XenPorta because it was working all the while. It was just the forum tab page, the front part, that wasn't working.

It's all good now, thank you Peter!;)

Glad to hear it got sorted, but it would be good getting clear why this happened, or how to sort it out, just in case it happens again.

Try taking a copy of the files, and a new database backup :)

Top Bottom