Implemented  Paid Subscriptions system

Shamil

I'm not sure how many forums use this, but one may find it beneficial to have a paid subscriptions system. In such, this would be useful to donations, or paid subscriptions to gain access to certain content, especially, in the case of a possible CMS.

What do you think?

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Essential for me to consider a switch.

We do two things with this in vB

- Paid memberships for account extra's
- Paid memberships for personal training in a private section

Can't lose that. This feature is very important and not just for a few, but for many.

Edit: I'm glad to read it's now implemented!

It's wonderful that this is implemented and it sounds great, but I do have to ask, will it be possible to have more than 1 subscription active at a time? For example you have 2 different paid subscriptions that give different access, like one would give the ability to use a larger avatar and one would increase the amt of file storage you were allowed.

We have actually implemented this. Thought it was pretty important as an option for people to make money from their forum -- sustainability and all that.

It's a simple system that just gives an extra user group while subscribed/active, but it handles one off payments and recurring subscriptions. It is currently implemented with PayPal.

PERFECT, Mike !

It's wonderful that this is implemented and it sounds great, but I do have to ask, will it be possible to have more than 1 subscription active at a time? For example you have 2 different paid subscriptions that give different access, like one would give the ability to use a larger avatar and one would increase the amt of file storage you were allowed.
I would like to know this as well.

I think it's just a paid subscription. You pay for it, and permissions apply - like an account upgrade.
It's not a yay/nah after paying, by some group leader.

I have hundreds of subscribers each month on my site, and I would not be able to live without having a good system.

I would suggest expanding and adding other merchants like google checkout, daopay, wallie card, etc.

I have hundreds of subscribers each month on my site, and I would not be able to live without having a good system.

I would suggest expanding and adding other merchants like google checkout, daopay, wallie card, etc.

I hope one gets added every bigger release, like 1.1 and 1.2, and that we don't have to wait until 2.0 and then again at 3.0, with maybe one or two.

I understand they have to start somewhere. At least the code is there, and there's time to finetune the paypal module. So it's easier later to add alternatives. It would surprise me if it would end up with only PayPal.

I think it's just a paid subscription. You pay for it, and permissions apply - like an account upgrade.
It's not a yay/nah after paying, by some group leader.

I get that. :) I was just wondering if it's possible to have more than one.

For example:
subscription 1 puts you in group a which gives you permissions to a, b & c
subscription 2 would put you in group b which gives you permissions to d, e & f
subscription 3 would put you in groups a & b which gives you permissions to a - f

etc.

I think Floris was implying that what you want would be possible because you'd have different permissions apply for each so there wouldn't be any conflicts. (Which is correct.)

I wonder if paid subscriptions from vB3 will be imported, or will I need to manually set the paid subscription expiry date for each member?

I will be bringing my Subscription System over to this platform which does most of what you all are talking and wanting. It will import all your vB subs and information so don't worry. There will be something for you guys.

Any chance you will build a store for XF where any member can put a product or service up for sale ?

Thanks, got it. Are there plans for it to allow the upgrade to only be in certain forums?

If I understand the question when you go to add a new upgrade you can choose to put them in a specific group. From there you can use permissions to allow access to certain forums

Top Bottom