Paid Subscription and Converting from VB 3.8

0ptima

From what I have seen, VB's paid subscription are not imported by the converter. Is there another way to import them?

I used it 2 years ago to do my import of p8ntballer-forums and ensure the paid subscriptions were maintained correctly. I've had no use to keep it up-to-date since then.

This is a quick and dirty way of importing paid subscriptions using MySQL. If you have more than one subscription you would need to repeat these queries. Just don't run them on a live server and make backups beforehand.... I recommend that you only use this if you have enough SQL knowledge. Anyway, you can try it in a test database. Never run this on your live site without running some test.

archive_subscriptionlog is the vBulletin subscription table. I still don't know if the extra field is required. I just placed the serialized text from an user upgrade I made. I'm not sure if it's OK to do this. subscriptionid is the id of the vBulletin subscription you want to import. Again, if you have several subscriptions on your vBulletin database, you need to edit those queries for each of your subscriptions.

The second query matches old userids with the new ones. This only needs to be run if your old userids are not the same as the new userids.

Third query populates the expired table and finally the fourth query removes expired users from your active user upgrade table.

This queries are intended for a XenForo installation without user upgrades. If you already have user upgrades in place, there may be duplicated entries and it will fail.

Hope it helps.

Code:
insert into xf_user_upgrade_active (user_upgrade_record_id, user_id, user_upgrade_id, extra, start_date, end_date)
select null, userid, 1, 'a:4:{s:11:"cost_amount";s:4:"1.00";s:13:"cost_currency";s:3:"usd";s:13:"length_amount";i:1;s:11:"length_unit";s:4:"year";}', regdate, expirydate
from archive_subscriptionlog

update xf_user_upgrade_active x, archived_import_log v set x.user_id = v.new_id where x.user_id = v.old_id and v.content_type = 'user'

insert into xf_user_upgrade_expired (user_upgrade_record_id, user_id, user_upgrade_id, extra, start_date, end_date, original_end_date) select *, end_date from xf_user_upgrade_active where end_date < (select max(expirydate) from archive_subscriptionlog where status = 0)

delete from xf_user_upgrade_active where end_date < (select max(expirydate) from archive_subscriptionlog where status = 0)

The updated importer with XF 1.2 imports paid subscriptions from vB as far as is possible--our system works a fair bit differently so if you're changing primary groups or things like that, there will be problems. (And recurring subscriptions will always be a challenge too.)

@Mike Could you explain what is imported and what is not?
I currently have various recurring and non recurring subscriptions which all add the same secondary usergroup for a different time span.

I'm currently using AWC subscription system, but can hopefully import that into stock vbulletin subscriptions and go from there. Subscriptions are essential for the existence of my big board. I cant afford to have a hiccup in these, as they pay for my hosting bills.
Is there any chance that XF will add import for more subscription software? (considering that this is a weakness in competing software)

I'm a little unclear as to what you're asking. It simply imports the data that is stored in vB as best as it can. If you're doing something with a subscription that XF can't do, then we can't import that data. (Previously, paid subs weren't imported so expirations, etc wouldn't happen at all.)

Recurring subscriptions will always be a problem. Strictly speaking, you would need to cancel these and have people start them back up (or you'd need to manually maintain them).

If you're using a third party subscription system, I can't make any comments as to what would happen or how that would work.

@Mike Could you explain what is imported and what is not?
I currently have various recurring and non recurring subscriptions which all add the same secondary usergroup for a different time span.

I'm currently using AWC subscription system, but can hopefully import that into stock vbulletin subscriptions and go from there. Subscriptions are essential for the existence of my big board. I cant afford to have a hiccup in these, as they pay for my hosting bills.
Is there any chance that XF will add import for more subscription software? (considering that this is a weakness in competing software)

@Alfa1 what did you end up doing with subs for your migration?

Recurring subscriptions will always be a problem. Strictly speaking, you would need to cancel these and have people start them back up (or you'd need to manually maintain them).
In talks with big board owners about their exit strategy from vbulletin, several webmasters have mentioned to me that loosing half of their income (i.e. tens of thousands) is a very serious showstopper in regards to migrating to xenforo. I think this is something to consider, because as it currently stands some webmasters will opt for IPS / IP.Nexus which will import recurring subscriptions from vbulletin.

Top Bottom