1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on [Paid] Private conversation ACP log

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Moshe1010, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

As the title says, I would like to pay for somebody to develop an add-on that gives admins (based on permissions) to read private conversations between users. It would show it in ACP as a list of sender> receiver, the title, date, and time (similar to whatever vB has right now).

PM me if you're interested/leave your details here.

2. snowman

snowman Member

I may be interested in this also.

3. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

4. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

5. wrx1

wrx1 Active Member

I am in for a little donation to make this happen also.

While in theory this would work, it is like hunting down a needle in a haystack. After my forum being around for 10 years, we have so many PC's that it is impossible to find something from 6+ months ago.

Ideally, you would have the permission set for the admins who can view the PC's, then those admins could read the PC's right from the edit user page. Or like VB, you just get a box that you can enter the user name into.

Russ

Matthew Hawley likes this.
  6. snowman

snowman Member

It's an essential function IMHO to monitor for criminal activity. A member of my forum recently contacted me with allegations that he was approached in PC's about someone trying to peddle illegal contraband. It is very disturbing that there is not an easy way to verify this information so that the situation can be handled properly.

7. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

We're interested in this job but would need more informations.:)

Feel free to start a conversation.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
    erich37 likes this.
  8. Moshe1010

drop a message to @Nobita.Kun , he has whatever you're looking for (not from user's profile, but you can search a user from PC log.

9. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Why not install Waindigo's Login As User and search through them yourself?

10. Moshe1010

Because it's a completely different add-on. I need to monitor all the PC that my borad has, not just a single user's PC.

11. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

I get that. But in the interim, if someone PM's you about a problem over some PM's, you can either login as that person, or the offending person, and get to the bottom of it.

12. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

I kind of find the ability to read all the PM's a bit creepy TBH.

Sheldon likes this.
  13. Moshe1010

You won't find it creepy at all once you would have a board that has the potential to sell illegal drugs.

14. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Don't ALL boards have the potential to sell illegal drugs?

15. Moshe1010

Yes, but some forums have a discussion about drugs (a whole node(s) about that), so they have a greater potential of illegal sell in PC.

16. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

I would defiantly love to see this happen! @Waindigo would be a great candidate.

Jon W likes this.
  17. sonaya

sonaya Member

18. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

The ability is already there as they're stored plain text in the database. If it's not already done I may do this.

19. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Before we get another Conversation with the state of the addon => NOBODY started a conversation with us, as requested here => we didn't even start to plan the addon because of missing informations.
    We don't want to provide an paid addon, which won't be used by anybody

20. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

what kind of information do you need ?