• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Paid] Needed ASAP - Allow members to remove selected forums from What's New

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTXMedia

Is anyone able to make me an add-on that will allow members to selectively remove forums from their What's New results?

Simple enough really - just a selection box showing available forums (based on users privs), with an option to highligh one/several/all. Any that are highlighted are removed from that persons What's New list.

I imagine a link in the user drop-down: What's New Settings

Linking to a page, similar to alert preferences, where you have a selection box and a save button.

This is something I would like done ASAP if possible as it is a key feature for some of my members and I'd rather underestimated its importance prior to migration ... (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I've thought of a tick box beside each forum user can tick select then button to Hide from What's New
Would need UnHide
Also needs to work on the Show all Messages view. That is if threads are selected to Hide/ UnHide on either View it happens on both Views.

Hide on Whats New.webp

I've got cash waiting for any coder who can build me this add-on.

If it helps to encourage you at all - I've no problem with you selling it into the marketplace afterwards to capitalise on the work - I just need it for my own site ASAP and am willing to pay.

Thanks,
Shaun :D

If it would be possible to offer the ability to do this on a per-usergroup basis, this would indeed be a great add-on :)

If you're a coder and you can do this, please get in touch ... (y)

I've noticed how before this was suggested the lack of it was mildly irritating.
Since it was suggested it's REALLY bugging me. I now definitely resent trudging through loads of thread titles every time I check, when so many are irrelevant to me. I dream of culling them so I can quickly and cleanly keep checks on what I want to see.

Now my reaction is interesting. A few template edits like moving the bottom bar links on the dropdowns (top right) now makes me 'tut' when I'm here, because my way is so much more accessible. But those kinds of things don't actively ANNOY me. Pages of threads chucking the equivalent of spam at me, do. Which is how it feels as a receiver.

Q: Do you want members to be able to make their own selection of forums ?
I think that is a good idea.
This would make a good addon.

If you want the Admin to be able to "mass exclude" certain forums ... then a template edit works.
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...pecific-forums-from-the-whats-new-list.17516/
I think this should be a part of the core.

It is already an option now since 1.1 I think.

forum.webp

What GeeksChat wants is a per-user basis with permissions to remove it.

Shaun I agree with your carefulness but as it happens it was me told Hambil this was an appropriate job for him. So I take my commission in cups of traditional English tea.

pssst Dig I understand it IS going to be available for other admins.

Hambil, will you see if it is possible to configure this option to be turned on/off per usergroup? I intend to offer this to premium members only.

If so, I'll add 50 bucks to the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom