1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Paid] Needed ASAP - Allow members to remove selected forums from What's New

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests [Archive]' started by CyclingTribe, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Is anyone able to make me an add-on that will allow members to selectively remove forums from their What's New results?

Simple enough really - just a selection box showing available forums (based on users privs), with an option to highligh one/several/all. Any that are highlighted are removed from that persons What's New list.

I imagine a link in the user drop-down: What's New Settings

Linking to a page, similar to alert preferences, where you have a selection box and a save button.

This is something I would like done ASAP if possible as it is a key feature for some of my members and I'd rather underestimated its importance prior to migration ... (y)

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

Puntocom, Digital Doctor and high1976 like this.
  2. high1976

high1976 Active Member

that would be nice, for example to ignore language-subforums

3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Q: Do you want members to be able to make their own selection of forums ?
    I think that is a good idea.
    This would make a good addon.

If you want the Admin to be able to "mass exclude" certain forums ... then a template edit works.
    http://xenforo.com/community/thread...pecific-forums-from-the-whats-new-list.17516/
    I think this should be a part of the core.

The8thLegion likes this.
  4. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

I've thought of a tick box beside each forum user can tick select then button to Hide from What's New
    Would need UnHide
    Also needs to work on the Show all Messages view. That is if threads are selected to Hide/ UnHide on either View it happens on both Views.

Hide on Whats New.png

5. CyclingTribe

I've got cash waiting for any coder who can build me this add-on.

If it helps to encourage you at all - I've no problem with you selling it into the marketplace afterwards to capitalise on the work - I just need it for my own site ASAP and am willing to pay.

Thanks,

6. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

If it would be possible to offer the ability to do this on a per-usergroup basis, this would indeed be a great add-on :)

7. CyclingTribe

If you're a coder and you can do this, please get in touch ... (y)

Morgain likes this.
  8. Morgain

I've noticed how before this was suggested the lack of it was mildly irritating.
    Since it was suggested it's REALLY bugging me. I now definitely resent trudging through loads of thread titles every time I check, when so many are irrelevant to me. I dream of culling them so I can quickly and cleanly keep checks on what I want to see.

Now my reaction is interesting. A few template edits like moving the bottom bar links on the dropdowns (top right) now makes me 'tut' when I'm here, because my way is so much more accessible. But those kinds of things don't actively ANNOY me. Pages of threads chucking the equivalent of spam at me, do. Which is how it feels as a receiver.

9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

10. CyclingTribe

I've had an offer via PC from someone to code this so for now I'm sorted - thanks.

11. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Who ... how much ?

12. Morgain

ditto!

I mean PLEASE let us know so we can buy a copy.

13. Hambil

Hambil Member

It was me. I couldn't yet post here at the time. I will be working on this. :)

GeeksChat likes this.
  14. Morgain

Oh good I'm glad it went to one of the good guys :)

15. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

It is already an option now since 1.1 I think.

forum.png

What GeeksChat wants is a per-user basis with permissions to remove it.

Digital Doctor likes this.
  16. CyclingTribe

I didn't want to say anything as I wasn't sure how Hambil wanted to approach it; private one-on-one commission or general public release.

I suspect the latter would be a preference (in revenue terms) for Hambil and would certainly make more than just this site owner happy ... (y)

Cheers,

17. Morgain

Shaun I agree with your carefulness but as it happens it was me told Hambil this was an appropriate job for him. So I take my commission in cups of traditional English tea.

pssst Dig I understand it IS going to be available for other admins.

Steve F and GeeksChat like this.
  18. Hambil

Hambil Member

I have no plans to charge for it.

19. Hambil

Hambil Member

Honestly, this is an easy mod once I come up to speed. As Qwk86gn pointed out, the code is already written. I'll just need to figure out how to re-factor it to allow user by user settings, via an addon.

20. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

Hambil, will you see if it is possible to configure this option to be turned on/off per usergroup? I intend to offer this to premium members only.

If so, I'll add 50 bucks to the pot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.