Paid Mods - Xenforo Verified Designation

I think I'm going to back out of this thread now. I have been playing devils advocate this entire time and it seems my posts might be being interpreted as something I want or am defending. That is not and was not the intention of any of my posts.
I just want to say for the record, that Snog mentioned earlier in the discussion that he is gonna play the devils advocate. So whoever is reading his posts (or mine), that you should consider that not everything said is reflecting our own opinions, most of them based on hypothetical situations to see the boundaries.

PS: Btw, now that the Simple Forms addon is not around anymore, I really hope that we get to see your Advanced Application Forms addon imported to XF 2.0. You are alone in the market, make something out of this situation :D.

For those that don't know what a devil's advocate is:
In common parlance, a devil's advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position they do not necessarily agree with (or simply an alternative position from the accepted norm), for the sake of debate or to explore the thought further. In taking this position, the individual taking on and playing the devil's advocate role seeks to engage others in an argumentative discussion process. The purpose of such a process is typically to test the quality of the original argument and identify weaknesses, if possible, in its structure, and to use such information to either improve or abandon the original, opposing position.

I am one of the least liked members of my own community as I often do this to my own members to Fuel topics and engage my members. Unfortunately for me that has really damaged my reputation over the years amongst my peers but on the other hand my forum is thriving.

PS: Btw, now that the Simple Forms addon is not around anymore, I really hope that we get to see your Advanced Application Forms addon imported to XF 2.0. You are alone in the market, make something out of this situation :D.
It will be the first to be converted to 2.0 as soon as I can get my hands on 2.0. It is, and always has been my most popular add-on. Who knows, it might even have some improvements? ;)

Reactions: sbj
Are you telling me that devs write down in their fine prints the bugs that their addon has?
Cause only in that case you are correct.
Show me 1 developer who does this.

Please see your part of the post that I quoted. Anyways, the bottom line is, if one wants to purchase an add on, one should take the time to read the add on description, look at the screenshots, read the reviews if any, and as last read all posts in the add on support thread. And if something is not clear, then post a question.

You should not buy stuff blindly and then complain. For example, an add on is marked as unsupported, the other users complain at the add on thread that the add on is broken and the developer is mia. In this case, logic says that one should pass on that add on.

Or another example, you want an add on with x feature and when you buy the add on, it does not have it. Now you go and complain how bad that add on is and how bad the developer is supporting it etc. In such cases, you have no one to blame, but yourself. That is all I wanted to say.

@wang

Of course this is what everyone should do. I agree, that is the due diligence what Tracy Perry talked about.

Nevertheless, why are those devs still in the market in first place? That is the problem, which you are avoiding. On one hand yes, of course everybody should use their mind before buying something. On the other hand, still, you can't blame people when they didn't do research. The market should have tried its best to sort out the bad apples from the good ones before it comes to bad experiences. Nobody is argueing about what you are saying. That is a given.

I think we said everything what is there to say.

About the missing x feature problem. You are right and it is disrespectful to complain about that. But this is not what this topic is about.

Top Bottom