Add-on [PAID] Full Wordpress/Xenforo bridge

Markos

I'm glad to pay 500 dollars and give the right of release free the addon (and collect donations) for a "full" WP/Xenforo addon. I know there are already a basic bridge, but is imho very limited.

What i need of this bridge is:
- Forum Avatar in comments
- For Every article in the blog should be created a topic in the forum. The replies on the topics in the forum is copied in "comments" in the article (example - Forum topic: http://bit.ly/lYV0Vz
Article: http://bit.ly/l6AR0R...2° example: article, forum topic)
- Support of WPMU with multiple blogs stored in indipendent subdomains

Nice one Max, Good luck :p

Thank you! I see that a fully featured bridge is very requested. I have tried Vivvo but there are not a multisite manager; also is very expensive and the support is slow. This is my offer, hope to see a coder take this challenge. :p

My guess is that xfrocks would be #1 coder to do this. He can take his bridge/proxy mod a step further and make this possible.
I can't wait to get WP and XF to work seamlessly.

XF->WP: We can promote a forum thread to an article on WP

My guess is that xfrocks would be #1 coder to do this. He can take his bridge/proxy mod a step further and make this possible.
I can't wait to get WP and XF to work seamlessly.

XF->WP: We can promote a forum thread to an article on WP
Also made the wiki bridge and my shimmie bridge :)

I'm glad to pay 500 dollars and give the right of release free the addon (and collect donations) for a "full" WP/Xenforo addon. I know there are already a basic bridge, but is imho very limited.

If I had more at my disposal, I would pay for it since I really need this also. The portal is too limited for what I need to do (although I find it a really nice forum home page), and the current WP bridge I have not had any luck in using. (The last two attempts killed all of my WP admin control panel styles, making it almost unusable.) What I really need is having new blog posts show as forum posts, and opening up the gateway for blog comments to show as replies to the forum post, while displaying as comments in the blog. The vast array of plugins (including some PHP sidebar widgets I've written) are why I need to stick with Wordpress; to recreate these in another blog, or a CMS or forum portal is reinventing the wheel IMHO.

to recreate these in another blog, or a CMS or forum portal is reinventing the wheel IMHO

Agree. The problem is this...i have contacted many devs, they said me:"For your needs, is better to create a basic custom cms for zero...many issues with a bridge".

If you see the 2° examples i posted, both are vb forum + custom cms. I suspect that is not possible or too problematic to create a fully featured and stable bridge with Wordpress and a forum software...

I think this project would be best funded by $20-50 to buy + $5/month support. Includes guarantees if the Addon breaks the $5/month stops. Also includes some promise to update to the latest Wordpress in a given time. I think Xenforo.com should help provide the mechanics (Payment, etc).

What i need of this bridge is:
- For Every article in the blog should be created a topic in the forum. The replies on the topics in the forum is copied in "comments" in the article (example - Forum topic: http://bit.ly/lYV0Vz
This is how Jfusion does it between Wordpress and Joomla.
- Xenforo Avatar in Wordpress comments
- Good practical idea.

Q: What about stuff like having the Xenforo Alerts and Inbox show on the Wordpress Pages ? If your homepage is Wordpress I think this is important. What about being able to trigger Xenforo Alerts FROM wordpress ? ie. if Someone quoted your Wordpress Comment to an article, wouldn't it be nice if it triggered an alert ?

- Support of WPMU with multiple blogs stored in independent subdomains
I think this would be tough. I don't think xfrocks likes WPMU.
Is this mandatory for you ? and why ?

With XF addons that means depending with your sites future upon addon coders who may or may not support their addons in the future. Some addon coders have proven to be quite reliable, while others have disappeared into thin air.

With Joomla or Wordpress, there are problems with integration:
  1. how to get all content from both systems in one new content overview?
  2. how to get usergroups and usergroup permissions working in the CMS?
  3. how to get it in one integrated design?
  4. how to let the CMS refer to the XF profile?
  5. how to use one editor?
  6. how to let the CMS show the XF avatar?
Integration is not just integration of login, but integration of the whole user experience.

A very good list of important issues with bridging softwares.

You try to think of all the details and then something like this creeps up !
and it's important !

Is there a way to for the bridge to take the user back to the original WordPress page they wished to login at (usually where it says you need to login to comment), rather than taking them to the XenForo login page and not redirecting them back? Usually after login, it just drops you to the Forum homepage.

FYI: Here is another thread dealing with important avatar integration issues.
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ng-xenforo-to-power-wordpress-comments.13537/

I think this would be tough. I don't think xfrocks likes WPMU.

A user in the xf/wp bridge have said that the xfrocks addon works good on WPMU.

Anyway, in my opinion, if you need a full complete bridge, you have to wait the xenforo cms. For me, i prefer a bridge with the options writed in my first because (and bbcode convertion on comments)...I don't need login integration on blogs, permissions level etc., for me is sufficient to have comments/avatar/registration integration. IMHO is better to ask just the most important features that are required for have a good integration (in comments, design, ui) between cms/blog

I think this project would be best funded by $20-50 to buy + $5/month support. Includes guarantees if the Addon breaks the $5/month stops. Also includes some promise to update to the latest Wordpress in a given time. I think Xenforo.com should help provide the mechanics (Payment, etc).

Agree with you, but personally when 1.1 is ready if i have a working bridge, i'd not need to upgrade (only if i'm obliged for security issues...). 1.1 seems quite complete for features that i need. Now i add this topic in my signature, hope to see an offer by devs for doing this...as you see, many persons interested. :-)

A user in the xf/wp bridge have said that the xfrocks addon works good on WPMU.

Anyway, in my opinion, if you need a full complete bridge, you have to wait the xenforo cms. For me, i prefer a bridge with the options writed in my first because (and bbcode convertion on comments)...I don't need login integration on blogs, permissions level etc., for me is sufficient to have comments/avatar/registration integration. IMHO is better to ask just the most important features that are required for have a good integration (in comments, design, ui) between cms/blog

Agree with you, but personally when 1.1 is ready if i have a working bridge, i'd not need to upgrade (only if i'm obliged for security issues...). 1.1 seems quite complete for features that i need. Now i add this topic in my signature, hope to see an offer by devs for doing this...as you see, many persons interested. :)
If you get this and release it guess I be designing a wordpress skin again lol :)

A very good list of important issues with bridging softwares.

My fear is that both WP and XF may need to be heavily modified, which takes away being able to upgrade the core functions. Either that, or if it could be done entirely through a theme in WP and custom templates in XF, without touching the core code at all, that would be more ideal IMHO, but could be more difficult.

I don't need ultra-tight integration here. Basically I just want WP as the home page for the site. New WP posts create a new XF thread; comments would be posted as replies to that thread and display in both places. (I would not care if users were taken over to the forum to comment, as long as they ended up in the correct thread. I do that manually now on one of my sites.) Sharing the login system is a must, though, to make it all work.

I don't need ultra-tight integration here. Basically I just want WP as the home page for the site. New WP posts create a new XF thread; comments would be posted as replies to that thread and display in both places. (I would not care if users were taken over to the forum to comment, as long as they ended up in the correct thread. I do that manually now on one of my sites.) Sharing the login system is a must, though, to make it all work.

Glad that we have the same needs. :-)

I have contacted some coders to do this...now i'm consider their offers and i choose...i will inform you about updates.

I have contacted some coders to do this...now i'm consider their offers and i choose...i will inform you about updates.
Hopefully they are not in India/China or we will get a poorly documented/programmed add-on with little/no support and it will break as soon as an update comes out, if it works properly at all!

I am also interested in this and would gladly pay for the integration work. Like many have mentioned before, I'm looking to use WP as my homepage and when a new WP post is made, creates an XF post that can be commented on using XF or WP. WP and XF users can be maintained by either XF or WP however, only one is the master.

Hopefully they are not in India/China or we will get a poorly documented/programmed add-on with little/no support and it will break as soon as an update comes out, if it works properly at all!

No, i don't like freelancer sites. :)
I've contacted a website that offer Xenforo services and a famous bridge creator.

One of this have proposed to me for 500$ to make the bridge, and mantain the full rights on this, for a probable future paid addon of all (i think it's a good proposal, because with this we can have a product updated). I want simply to see other proposal and choice...

- Forum Avatar in comments
This is my absolute dream feature. Appleinsider do this (with their own CMS and vbulletin) and it's what our site badly needs so we can transfer all our static content into wordpress and integrate it with our otherwise quite separate community.

Top Bottom