Add-on [PAID] Full Wordpress/Xenforo bridge

Any update on this?

I am willing to put in $$$ also. Any coders out there willing to take the job?

I see...i like the new thread-like-article template.

Anyway, i've contacted 2 coders...now i see what they have to offer me (about license, time of development etc.).

Personally i need a bridge for WP MU. See the features posted in my first post. Have you suggestions, ideas?

I see...i like the new thread-like-article template.

Anyway, i've contacted 2 coders...now i see what they have to offer me (about license, time of development etc.).

Personally i need a bridge for WP MU. See the features posted in my first post. Have you suggestions, ideas?
Please let me know how you go.

I dont think you mentioned it but the registration should be maintained by Xenforo? For example when a user from wordpress wants to register/login it should maybe pop-up with the XenForo login/signup overlay and all accounts should be managed with XF. One system for registration across 2 different programs.

Let me know how you go with the coders, id be glad to contribute some money for the project also

I'd be willing to pay for this as well. Hopefully you get some good work done with the coders :D

Theres a lot of people willing to pay.

I think we can get $1000 or more to get this coded. But no one seems to want to take up the offer

Theres a lot of people willing to pay.

I think we can get $1000 or more to get this coded. But no one seems to want to take up the offer

Okay. My budget is 500$. Probably insufficient for coding an advanced bridge with the features that i need. If there are five users aivable to pay 100$ each, i think there are no problem here.

If we can collect 1000$ dollars or more, we can open a conversation with the coder that i contacted, eventually if you have suggestions about new features that you need that i've not included...that's my request to the coder:

- Every registration is handled by Xenforo. The forum on xenforo stay on a specif subdomain (forums.domain.net)
- There are multiple blog. For every new blog, there are a specific forum with for every article is posted a new topic. For every reply in this topic should be created a specular comment in the blog.
- In the comments there are the username and the avatar of forum users that have commented
- There are the possibility to promote a topic to article
- On every article there are a "comment" post. When you click this comment post, you are forwarded to the post editor and you can comment in the forum.
- On the forum topic should be create a brief summary of the article posted by the same member (example if xxx user creates the article, xxx users should be named on the creator of the post).
- Every blog have an unique subdomain. For every blog i need to have a specific forum to point the topics correlated to the articles.

Example on a custom cms/vb board:

I need the possibility to point for every blog or blog category a specific forum for the comments (for every article, there are an auto-creation of topic in a forum, with a brif summary...like the example posted.)

You have the same needs of me? Have you other features requests? Please suggest *ONLY* if you are seriously interested to help with the development cost (100$).

Okay. My budget is 500$. Probably insufficient for coding an advanced bridge with the features that i need. If there are five users aivable to pay 100$ each, i think there are no problem here.

If we can collect 1000$ dollars or more, we can open a conversation with the coder that i contacted, eventually if you have suggestions about new features that you need that i've not included...that's my request to the coder:

You have the same needs of me? Have you other features requests? Please suggest *ONLY* if you are seriously interested to help with the development cost (100$).
Im absoltley interested 100% I have no problem at all contributing $100

Basically what I want is XF to handle all users.

I want users to be able to post in either the forums or in WP and be under the one account(registered through XF)
I want them to have the same avatar they choose in XF to show up in WP when they comment etc..

I actually want less then what you have sepcified but the extra features you want would be a big bonus!

Just to give you an example of what I want

I am developing http://www.mmazone.com.au/site - Work in progess. I want wordpress to handle my news side of things as its much nicer and cleaner then using the forums. I want people to be able to comment on news by using their XF accounts.

The community side of things is @ http://www.mmazone.com.au

So yeah thats all I really need, PM if you need clarification.

Ok, we have basically the same needs (XF that handles the news, comments that uses the same XF accounts).

I'm glad to pay 500 dollars and give the right of release free the addon (and collect donations) for a "full" WP/Xenforo addon. I know there are already a basic bridge, but is imho very limited.

What i need of this bridge is:
- Forum Avatar in comments
- For Every article in the blog should be created a topic in the forum. The replies on the topics in the forum is copied in "comments" in the article (example - Forum topic: http://bit.ly/lYV0Vz
Article: http://bit.ly/l6AR0R...2° example: article, forum topic)
- Support of WPMU with multiple blogs stored in indipendent subdomains

I am willing to contribute $150 for this if:
You can turn off the "created a topic in the forum for every article" feature.
XF handle all users

Also, it would be nice when member of the forum post a comment the name will be linked to the user's profile.

Ok, we have basically the same needs (XF that handles the news, comments that uses the same XF accounts).
Basically yes. I wish to use WP for my news though. So an option to turn off XF handling the news would be a requirement for me :)

I'm also need that WP handles the news, see the examples that i posted. The comment integration with Xenforo is very useful because increase dramatically the comments (is easier to have a discussion in Xenforo that in comments on the blog). I have doing various tests on this, comments doubled.

I have no problem to contribute another $100 if all the features mentioned in this thread could be done.
The ability to promote threads within wordpress would almost be impossible I think, but IT WOULD BE AMAZING.

The ability for tight integration, without style support is the biggest part for me. It's easy enough to style and so on.

I'm willing to contribute at least $100 (I'll contribute more if we're short of the required amount). I don't think we'll have any problem raising the $1000 if that's what it takes.

I believe what I need has been mentioned already. The only things I require are: 1) single XF-WP account, 2) ability for blog posts to automatically create a wordpress thread in a specified forum, 3) blog avatars match forum avatars and link to accounts. I would absolutely love (but not require) that 4) thread comments from the auto-generated thread show up as blog comments and blog comments show up in the auto-gen discussion thread, 5) the ability to promote forum posts to articles.

I would love to see this project move forward ASAP.

Also, it would be a plus if the coder is willing to offer/be re-hired for upgrades with forum/blog software and if there's a easy/planned method of dealing with existing wordpress accounts that have blog posts linked to them.

There is obvious need for such a product and I believe it is best that whoever decides to make this product should make it a paid product and offer support.

I have no problem with contribute to get it off the pad but in the future, when new WP and XF releases may make this plugin no longer working, who will we turn to? I can't have a production site in a state where a crucial component is not working.

There is obvious need for such a product and I believe it is best that whoever decides to make this product should make it a paid product and offer support.

I have no problem with contribute to get it off the pad but in the future, when new WP and XF releases may make this plugin no longer working, who will we turn to? I can't have a production site in a state where a crucial component is not working.
I agree. Support is key for a project like this. WP and XF are updated frequently. It would be very disappointing to have a great product then letting it 'expire'

I agree. Support is key for a project like this. WP and XF are updated frequently. It would be very disappointing to have a great product then letting it 'expire'
The best way to keep an add-on updated by the developer is to allow them to resell it, as they'll have incentive to develop the system more, as well as fix any bugs due to version breaks.

I'm in for $100 - maybe more if required. I have the same requirements as Maximilian and am looking forward to seeing the project commence. Maintenance of this integration is crucial and we will need to gain assurances from the developer to ensure that this happens.

Top Bottom