1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paid forum members

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by gp74, Oct 15, 2016.

1. gp74

gp74 New Member

I own a forum (running on an old fluxbb 1.4 instance, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!) with 12,000 members / 600k posts that I've been meaning to upgrade for a while. One of my favorite forums I'm a regular member of is in the middle of a Xenforo migration this weekend which brought me to this site. Have a couple of questions in evaluating this software.

1. Paid members - I sell premium memberships on my forum that allows additional posting rights, signature privileges, access to private subforums etc - currently this is manually managed with a PayPal payment and a manual change in user group membership - is there any concept of a "paid member upgrade" out of the box or as a third party add-on that would help me streamline this? Currently members need to wait for the manual steps to be executed once they've paid, I would like this to be automatic.

2. CDN integration - I use Cloudfront for image and CSS/Javascript hosting to save traffic - is this easily configurable?

3. Cloudflare - does the forum play well with Cloudflare?

4. Advertising integration - the forum's income is a mix of Google Adsense and direct banner advertising, but I had to handcraft the integration of these into fluxbb - what advertising management features are there? I would really like to eliminate the need to tweak code for banner ads, and even better if I could put a start/stop date on banners.

2. The Matrix

The Matrix New Member

3. JustinHawk

JustinHawk Active Member

Yes this all can be done via user upgrade setup, payments can be setup via PayPal, everything is automated.

Yeah, I too use Cloudflare easy to setup and no issues (rocket loader should be disabled :p)

Yes, you can try out this add-on > https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ads-manager-by-siropu.4090/
  4. gp74

gp74 New Member

Thanks - I'd found the FluxBB migration tool and have been in touch with the creator - I'm waiting to see how the other forum I participate in pans out before making a decision. Looks good though!