Paid forum members

gp74

I own a forum (running on an old fluxbb 1.4 instance, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!) with 12,000 members / 600k posts that I've been meaning to upgrade for a while. One of my favorite forums I'm a regular member of is in the middle of a Xenforo migration this weekend which brought me to this site. Have a couple of questions in evaluating this software.

1. Paid members - I sell premium memberships on my forum that allows additional posting rights, signature privileges, access to private subforums etc - currently this is manually managed with a PayPal payment and a manual change in user group membership - is there any concept of a "paid member upgrade" out of the box or as a third party add-on that would help me streamline this? Currently members need to wait for the manual steps to be executed once they've paid, I would like this to be automatic.

2. CDN integration - I use Cloudfront for image and CSS/Javascript hosting to save traffic - is this easily configurable?

3. Cloudflare - does the forum play well with Cloudflare?

4. Advertising integration - the forum's income is a mix of Google Adsense and direct banner advertising, but I had to handcraft the integration of these into fluxbb - what advertising management features are there? I would really like to eliminate the need to tweak code for banner ads, and even better if I could put a start/stop date on banners.

thanks!

1. Paid members - I sell premium memberships on my forum that allows additional posting rights, signature privileges, access to private subforums etc - currently this is manually managed with a PayPal payment and a manual change in user group membership - is there any concept of a "paid member upgrade" out of the box or as a third party add-on that would help me streamline this? Currently members need to wait for the manual steps to be executed once they've paid, I would like this to be automatic

Yes this all can be done via user upgrade setup, payments can be setup via PayPal, everything is automated.

3. Cloudflare - does the forum play well with Cloudflare?

Yeah, I too use Cloudflare easy to setup and no issues (rocket loader should be disabled :p)

4. Advertising integration - the forum's income is a mix of Google Adsense and direct banner advertising, but I had to handcraft the integration of these into fluxbb - what advertising management features are there? I would really like to eliminate the need to tweak code for banner ads, and even better if I could put a start/stop date on banners

Yes, you can try out this add-on > https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ads-manager-by-siropu.4090/

Thanks - I'd found the FluxBB migration tool and have been in touch with the creator - I'm waiting to see how the other forum I participate in pans out before making a decision. Looks good though!

Top Bottom