I would ideally like to have the groups similar to Steam's: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/castlestory or IndieDb's http://www.indiedb.com/games/pokemon-generations
- Overview Tab with popular discussions
- News/Accounements (owner & moderators? can post blog-styled updates/news)
- Gallery (Images & Videos)
- Reviews (perhaps tie together with resources?)
- Link to resource/store
- Sidebar with game info (developer, release date, price, genere(s), platform(s), game website, twitter, youtube, facebook, g+
-Facebook/Google+/Steam styled header banner
-Recent Activity? (New images, reviews, members)
-Groups can have subnodes/categories. Example: General Discussions, support, feedback
- Groups can be public/private or invite only.
- Groups have usergroups. Owner, moderator, member, customer, etc.
- Discussions can have multiple categories or sub-nodes and they are permissions based meaning the group usergroups have specific permissions. Perhaps one subnode is for moderator+ only.
- Urls are subdomains. so http://example.com/groups/groupname.1 -> http://groupname.example.com
-Group owner can upload an image to be used as the forum's background inside that group.
Allow group owner to upload a csv file of "whitelisted" emails. Any user who joins the group with a forum email matching a whitelisted email will have their account inside the group promoted to a specific usergorup.
Visual Display of Groups
- Groups have a visual display with banner or avatar & title.
-Groups can be sorted via a number of fields (top members, most discussions, genre, platform, released or unreleased)
View attachment 55882 or View attachment 55886
Top Social Groups - Sidebar Widget
View attachment 55885
New Social Groups - Sidebar Widget
View attachment 55884
Browse/Featured Social Groups Forum Widget
View attachment 55883
If anyone is interested please let me know. I am looking for something that can scale well to support many hundreds or thousands of groups with great sorting/searching to find groups matching one's interest.
My current budget is $1k-$2k. I can probably split some of the features into phases but there are some features that I would need initially.