• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Paid] Create "Display name" plugin for Xenforo.

Malj

Job description:

To create a new plugin for Xenforo forum. The plugin should create a new field "Nickname" in users personal details page. User can fill this page once. Forum Admin can change this field for any user by his hands.

The field can be empty. If it's empty, nothing happens. Forum works as normal.

If the field is filled, where username shows up, it should be replaced with this Nickname. For example, thread starter name, last reply, members online, the box to the left of the posts, user profile, search by username e.t.c.

Warning! This is not username (login name) changing. It is additional functional.

Every characters allowed, 100 character restriction.

Plugin should to be ready for Russian localization. Just mark strings these should be localized using comments.

Plugin should be ready for the forum updates, if it is possible. I mean that after forum update we just "reinstall" the plugin and it works.

-----
Price: $100 and $100 for fast work (plugin is created in a 1 week after agreement).

Payment method: Paypal

Job description:

To create a new plugin for Xenforo forum. The plugin should create a new field "Nickname" in users personal details page. User can fill this page once. Forum Admin can change this field for any user by his hands.

The field can be empty. If it's empty, nothing happens. Forum works as normal.

If the field is filled, where username shows up, it should be replaced with this Nickname. For example, thread starter name, last reply, members online, the box to the left of the posts, user profile, search by username e.t.c.

Warning! This is not username (login name) changing. It is additional functional.

Every characters allowed, 100 character restriction.

Plugin should to be ready for Russian localization. Just mark strings these should be localized using comments.

Plugin should be ready for the forum updates, if it is possible. I mean that after forum update we just "reinstall" the plugin and it works.

-----
Price: $100 and $100 for fast work (plugin is created in a 1 week after agreement).

Payment method: Paypal

Not to discourage the offer or any coder but not sure if you know that custom profile fields is coming in 1.1, which is set to be released hopefully rather soon.

Mmmm. Thank you for the info but I am afraid custom profile fields will help only partially. As I understand the main part of the plugin is: "If the field is filled, where username shows up, it should be replaced with this Nickname".

Could you comment this please?

Sorry, it is too hard for me. Do you mean that I should wait 1.1 and ask to create the plugin after it?

James helped me created a similar plug in. It's not 100% yet, there were too many instances of usernames that can't be replaced very easily. James expected the plug in could be improve with the username tweak coming in 1.1, can only wait and see. If you're interested I can PM you the test site I had it installed.

here's my request thread

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/offer-100-nick-name-or-display-name.18036/
I was just thinking this is almost exactly the same as the one I created for you :)

Top Bottom