Finally a promising Classified Plugin for Xenforo maybe in the works?

It's available for my VB forums... and I'll not use it on those, even though there already is a plugin.

The problem I see is that it doesn't run on your server. It's not even part of your website. It runs on their server and shows up in your forum in something akin to an iFrame.

When this first came out they sold it as a way for forum owners to make money. The deal then was that all sales went through them. They took 10% and you got a part of that 10%. They have backed off of that because mostly no one would go along with that scheme.

The problem I see is that it doesn't run on your server. It's not even part of your website. It runs on their server and shows up in your forum in something akin to an iFrame.

It isn't accurate to say that the marketplace isn't part of your site. Yes, many transactional and secure pages are served via an iFrame for security purposes. However, the marketplace plugin injects a copy of each listing into your site AND synchronizes the thread version with the hosted version. Example:
Example of a marketplace through the iFrame (with sorting and filtering options): http://elightbars.org/classifieds.php
Example of the same marketplace in thread version: http://elightbars.org/f87/

Due to the fact that few forums have an SSL cert, we had to build the plugin with hosted components to make it turnkey. This implementation also allows us to follow the agile software development methodology and make nearly weekly updates to the plugin without introducing a maintenance footprint for the forum owner. We can remotely implement many improvements. You can review our change log to get a sense of the pace of improvements we are constantly rolling out based on our partners' input. Enthusify changelog

When this first came out they sold it as a way for forum owners to make money. The deal then was that all sales went through them. They took 10% and you got a part of that 10%. They have backed off of that because mostly no one would go along with that scheme.

Correct. We listened to our partners and responded to their wants and needs. We quickly learned that revenue generation wasn't a primary goal of many of our partners. Beyond revenue generation, forum owners have partnered with us to: improve service to members, reduce friction in transactions, eliminiate fraud, provide better dispute resolution, keep traffic on the site, and to provide better marketplace searching, filtering, and browsing tools.

We have had sellers use the system to sell virtual items like "gold" for a game or an eBook.

Enthusify is its own PCI compliant payment processor. We accept Visa, Master Card, and Discover and their international equivalents. We transfer payments to sellers via PayPal, Direct Deposit, and check. The system is fully tested on Andriod and iOS.

Thanks for the reply. Out of curiosity, seeing that your site says the add-on is free, and you stated you do not sell on the details of your partners and/or their customers, nor do you take 10% off the transaction, how do you get paid for the service you offer?

I prefer running a classifieds that I purchase, install, configure and maintain. Especially if it's going to be a major part of my website. I can use PayPal for payments and don't need a SSL cert or payment gateway -- though I have one set up with intuit internet payments if I need it.

I'm not saying it is the best but, I use Photopost Classifieds. It's come a long way in the past couple of years and is working well for me on one of my sites. They offer some basic XF compatibility and they have a track record. The program could be light years better, honestly it could, but it is decent. We have one set up on my largest website (VB 3.8.7) and we have over 700 items for sale right now. We're seeing a lot of traffic in the Classifieds and we feel it's a real asset to the entire website.

I'd love to offer a better Classifieds application, but I don't want an outside supply being that involved in a key site function.

Thanks for the reply. Out of curiosity, seeing that your site says the add-on is free, and you stated you do not sell on the details of your partners and/or their customers, nor do you take 10% off the transaction, how do you get paid for the service you offer?

Today, when a seller chooses to use Enthusify to collect, verify, and transfer a buyer's payment, Enthusify charges 3% for that optional service. Enthusify uses most of that fee to cover the credit card interchange fee. Enthusify retains the remainder. Going forward, Enthusify plans to roll out more monetization options for forum owners like listing fee options and listing promotion tools. As with the final value payment processing fee, Enthusify will retain a portion of those fees and pass the rest to participating forums.

Someone asked about the kind of reporting the plugin provides. Here is an example:

(this is fictional data inspired by one of the forums using the Enthusify plugin)

02/01/2013 - 03/01/2013

1) Number of items listed for sale right now: 402
2) Value of items listed for sale right now: $137,342.20

Unless specified otherwise, the following metrics are for the date range:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3) Number of listings that were abandoned at the preview page: 24
4) Value of listings that were abandoned at the preview page: $6,033.01

5) Number of items listed for sale in the date range: 235
6) Value of items listed for sale during the date range: $81,090.37
Number listed using Enthusify's payment processing: 157
Value listed using Enthusify's payment processing: $32,420.90

7) Total number of items that were listed, but were later "Marked as Sold": 51
Number - to someone in the forum: 40
Number - eBay: 5
Number - locally: 3
Number - other: 3
8) Total value of items that were listed, but were later "Marked as Sold": $13,472.87
Value - to someone in the forum: $10,113.00
Value - eBay: $3,000.87
Value - locally: $400.00
Value - other: $72.00

9) Total number of items that were listed, but were later cancelled: 35
Number - seller changed mind: 20
Number - item was damaged: 5
Number - other: 10
10) Total value of items that were listed, but were later cancelled: $9,329.01
Value - seller changed mind: $9,000.00
Value - item was damaged: $10.00
Value - other: $319.01

11) Number of sales (in the date range): 16
12) Value of sales (in the date range): $2,449.96
-----------------------
13) Number of refunds (of items sold in this date range): 1
14) Value of refunds (of items sold in this date range): $33.00

15) Net number of sales (Row 11-13): 15
Net number of sales processed by Enthusify: 5
Net number of sales not processed by Enthusify: 10
% net number of sales processed by Enthusify: 33.33 %
16) Net value of sales (Row 11-14): $2,416.96
Net value of Sales processed by Enthusify: $781.95
Net value of sales not processed by Enthusify: $1,635.01
-----------------------
17) Total number of refunds in this date range (regardless of sold date): 2
18) Total value of refunds in this date range (regardless of sold date): $48.00

19) Net number of sales (Row 11-17): 14
Net number of sales processed by Enthusify: 4
Net number of sales NOT processed by Enthusify: 10
20) Net value of sales (Row 11-18): $2,401.96
Net value of Sales processed by Enthusify: $766.95
Net value of sales NOT processed by Enthusify: $1,635.01
-----------------------
21) Total Number of Connected Users: 4,418
22) Number of Connected Users in date range: 126

does that work for XF right now?

Not yet. We wanted to make sure we had enough demand before we made the investment in a XenForo version of Enthusify's marketplace plugin. Our list of interested XenForo sites is growing by the day. Based on demand, I suspect we will start work on a XenForo classifieds plugin very soon.

Sorry, both the Privacy and Terms of Use conditions for enthusify are far too invasive and loose for me to allow upon my userbase. It would be in direct violation of my sites privacy/terms to start with.

I am happy to report that we updated our privacy policy and eliminated the clauses that you found to be too invasive. I want to thank you again for reporting this. We were glad to eliminiate clauses that granted unnecessary and non exercised rights to buyer and seller personally identifiable data.

We just released some great new integration with PayPal. Please keep the feedback and input coming. We look forward to releasing the plugin for XenForo.

http://www.omegatron.net/ads

that would be a better example as the one you provided seems they turned off the enhanced integration.

Coming soon for the classifieds is something I just did for the gallery product which is a photo block on the forum as well as an admin options panel in xenforo for all settings

http://www.omegatron.net/gallery

To answer your question though yes all PhotoPost Products now support Enhanced Integration with the Xenforo product meaning we use the header footer style of the forum as well as all navigation conforming to the forum standard.

Coming features are image blocks for all products as well once I dive into the profile page plugin stuff for xenforo that page will have tabs with information pertinent to the product of ours you have installed.

I updated the link on my post as it appears to have been to my vb5 test classifieds not Xenforo. ;)

That looks a *lot* better, Chuck.

I'm actually somewhat surprised to hear you're bothering with vB5. My employer bought a license, and after checking the code, decided they will never ever deploy it. I'll assist them migrating to XF very soon.

I don't think the vB5 market is big, so just kind of surprised to see you guys catering to it.

SchmitzIT you cater to your customers. ;)

I own several different forum licenses and run a vb4 site myself. Recently acquired a Xenforo license and I have been working on the xenforo stuff making it better to rival the great integration work I did in vBulletin 4. I am just about done working on the profile page stuff now in xenforo.

Our product supports about 25 different integrations with varying levels of support. About 40-45% of the PhotoPost customer base are vBulletin forum owners so yes we would definately support vBulletin 5 no matter what.

Will I ever run a vBulletin 5 site. Absolutely not it is pure trash. Will I think alot of people will use it NO. I think alot are going to switch to Invisionboard and Xenforo. I worked with Mike here at Xenforo to try and ensure since our company has many thousands of vB/PhotoPost customers that we try and shove as many of those customers over here and not elsewhere. ;) vB will definately be losing alot of customer base once vB5 is final.

Top Bottom