• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[paid add-on] Ragtek Invite System

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
An invite system is essential for almost any forum, imo.
I have this installed on my new forum (not yet opened), and I'm sure it will be invaluable.

I'm a nebie here so excuse any stupid question

1 . Will it work on version 1.0 of XenForo?
2 . Can I use so that only the admin can invite people for registering?

Thanks!

I'm a nebie here so excuse any stupid question

1 . Will it work on version 1.0 of XenForo?
2 . Can I use so that only the admin can invite people for registering?

Thanks!
1. Yes
2. Yes, if you give only the admins the invite permissions, only they can invite people;)

For me it's not important because I'll be the only one sending them so I don't want that limit. I think that if an admin let the user sends invites, the admin could set the amount of invites and that's can also be a sort of "gift" for the well respected members...

So are there no plan for giving users invites? I think you should at least make a base invite amount under permissions like this:
invites.png

That would be super beneficial to my forum.

I had Only Invite Registration unchecked and people trying to register were told that new registrations were not being accepted. I disabled add-ons and new registration worked. Then I noticed that if I checked the box next to Only Invite Registration, my general registration worked again.

BTW, tried to leave a comment at your site as requested but the thread was closed.

I had Only Invite Registration unchecked and people trying to register were told that new registrations were not being accepted. I disabled add-ons and new registration worked. Then I noticed that if I checked the box next to Only Invite Registration, my general registration worked again.

Isn't that just backwards? Mine is UNchecked, and I was able to register a couple of test members. You're supposed to check that box only if your site is registration by invitation only.

Isn't that just backwards? Mine is UNchecked, and I was able to register a couple of test members. You're supposed to check that box only if your site is registration by invitation only.

I agree but for some reason if I un-check that box, there is an error at registration.

I agree but for some reason if I un-check that box, there is an error at registration.
I couldn't reproduce this bug:(
AFAIK ajnos is already working on the new version(which will need some time).
Maybe it will work with the new version^^, if not, i could check it on your live board

It seems if the user moderation approval system is activate while the invite only system is at the same time, people can register without an invite email or code.

It seems if the user moderation approval system is activate while the invite only system is at the same time, people can register without an invite email or code.
thx for the info
i'll check this today and if it's true, i'll fix this ASAP

I just tried to enable this and now the dropdown for login/signup is all messed up. Tried disabling again but it is still not working.

Please look at http://webmastercollective.com
So frustrating, just had everything set up as I wanted it
Are you sure that the problems are because of this add-on?
have you installed any other add-on?

I'm asking because this add-on doesn't change the login template (even any other template, it just uses the template hook system to add something to the user account sidebar

Have you tried if this also happens with the original xenforo style?

I changed quite a few things so it may not be this addon. Just when I activated invites i noticed it.

I have just checked and login_bar, login_bar.css and login_bar_form have not been changed at all. (they match up to original theme)

Any idea's what else might cause it?

UPDATE: Turns out it was happening after I updated to Flexile 1.0.1. All fixed now

Top Bottom