Add-on Paid 1500$/2000$ - Multisite CMS Addon for Xenforo

Markos

I have in the past requested a Premium WP Bridge for my network but with tests i see that for my needs i need a custom solution. An addon like IP.Content. My budget is 1500/2000$, i can optionally give the right to the developer to mantain the rights of the code, but i need in that case forever support and updates.

That's my needs:
Multisite support: I need to have multiple sites connected with 1 single forum (like this website). Every website should have this own subdomain (like music.domain.com, television.domain.com) and also the community should have this own subdomain (forums.domain.com).
Article to thread: - For Every article in a website should be created a topic in the forum. The replies on the topics in the forum is copied in "comments" in the article (example - Forum topic: http://bit.ly/lYV0Vz Article: http://bit.ly/l6AR0R...2° example: article, forum topic). With every website you can choose the forums for pointing the comments (see examples...).
- 4 role permission levels: global admin, global editor, editor, collaborator
- Categories and tags
- Sitemap and RSS
- Frontpage with the last articles of every website with a "featured" area with accordion jquery slider
- Template and blocks customization for every website similary to the xenforo template
- Feature of the menagement of advertisment on the template of every website

- Custom navbar and column of every website

Doesn't XenPorta almost match your needs (apart from multi-site support which I'm sure Jaxel could be persuaded to include for a fee)?

Doesn't XenPorta almost match your needs (apart from multi-site support which I'm sure Jaxel could be persuaded to include for a fee)?

No! Xenporta is a simple splash portal...i don't see any indipendent article system, possibility to build up page in the portal external to the forum page. What i need is something similar to Ip.Content (more simple of course).

XenPorta has an article view which does exactly what your brief requests...

Also with the new layout system it's possible to create your own block layout around specific pages. With the html block any of your custom external pages could easily be included.

XenPorta has an article view which does exactly what your brief requests...

Also with the new layout system it's possible to create your own block layout around specific pages. With the html block any of your custom external pages could easily be included.

This "article view" is internal to the forum system, it's not not a indipendent/true article system. I've posted 2 examples of what i need:
(example - Forum topic:http://bit.ly/lYV0Vz Article: http://bit.ly/l6AR0R...2° example: article, forum topic)

This is not something you can do with Xenporta.

The forum is just the engine, you can style the article view however you want. Furthermore, you can append the viewtype you want to the end of the URL and have the article view or the normal thread view. It looks like it could easily do what you want in your example but if you don't want to use XenPorta then fair enough :-)

With the specification of 4 roles, it's impossible to accomplish via a stylized version of XenForo. You need an independent system to accomplish that.

With the specification of 4 roles, it's impossible to accomplish via a stylized version of XenForo. You need an independent system to accomplish that.

Why is it? That's pretty much how we'll be set up using the usergroup permissions. Global editor and editor is just another way of saying moderator as it's just the thread/post permissions they will need.

The forum is just the engine, you can style the article view however you want. Furthermore, you can append the viewtype you want to the end of the URL and have the article view or the normal thread view. It looks like it could easily do what you want in your example but if you don't want to use XenPorta then fair enough :)

Thanks for information. I have pmed Jaxel, if he's interested to doing the modification that i need (categories, tags, multi-site support etc.) i'm will glad to use Xenporta.

In that case i think there are possible to use the Xenforo internal permission system.

Example: in a forum, every topic is auto-promoted to article. If in this forum post a collaborator, the topic should be approved by a editor to be published (like Wordpress). The editor (usergroup present in Xenforo permission system) can approve, edit e delete the collaborator articles. The admin can remove the editor and collaborator and add them.

Why is it? That's pretty much how we'll be set up using the usergroup permissions. Global editor and editor is just another way of saying moderator as it's just the thread/post permissions they will need.
Thanks for information. I have pmed Jaxel, if he's interested to doing the modification that i need (categories, tags, multi-site support etc.) i'm will glad to use Xenporta.

In that case i think there are possible to use the Xenforo internal permission system.

Example: in a forum, every topic is auto-promoted to article. If in this forum post a collaborator, the topic should be approved by a editor to be published (like Wordpress). The editor (usergroup present in Xenforo permission system) can approve, edit e delete the collaborator articles. The admin can remove the editor and collaborator and add them.
I didn't say it couldn't be built using XenForo as a base. I'm saying that the roles you want seem to be more or less a little more complicated than just usergroups. Based on how you define them, I'm not sure how easy it'd be accomplished via usergroups and permissions without a specific set of permissions.

Hey. I can do this however you want. I have been planning on making a paid portal, one route I could take to make what you need here. I have also been looking for an excuse to have a go at http://www.pimcore.org/ (been contemplating bridging it) and as it uses Zend Framework it would probably be the easiest system to bridge with. I wouldn't recommend using XenPorta, it isn't mature enough to do what you want imo. And portals unless feature rich generally don't do all that you need.

So if you want, pimcore + xenforo make a marriage and have a heap of kids (subdomains)? :p

Contentteller does all or most of your wishlist and the developer is open to feedback requests.
I have posted elsewhere about my experience of it plus and minus - search on my name + contentteller

That actually can be done... but the rest of your requirements can't be done in XenPorta.

That actually can be done... but the rest of your requirements can't be done in XenPorta.

Ok, thanks.

Contentteller does all or most of your wishlist and the developer is open to feedback requests.
I have posted elsewhere about my experience of it plus and minus - search on my name + contentteller
I know...but for me CT is a old-style CMS, and i prefer to have a "native" and custom solution that a bridge for different platforms (=issues when you customize/upgrade the board or the cms...).

Hey. I can do this however you want. I have been planning on making a paid portal, one route I could take to make what you need here. I have also been looking for an excuse to have a go at http://www.pimcore.org/ (been contemplating bridging it) and as it uses Zend Framework it would probably be the easiest system to bridge with. I wouldn't recommend using XenPorta, it isn't mature enough to do what you want imo. And portals unless feature rich generally don't do all that you need.

So if you want, pimcore + xenforo make a marriage and have a heap of kids (subdomains)? :p

Mhh...What the difference for using a framework than to create a cms addon from scratch?

How about just adding categories or tags to existing threads, that could be useful to sort "articles" posted in forums into a category like structure. Not ideal but does the job.

Top Bottom