Fixed PageSpeed Insights & 2.2

Anatoliy

Affected version
Lighthouse returned error: INTERNAL: APP::1: Abnormal renderer termination, status = crashed exit_code = 1
Are you gonna fix it, or if I upgrade I will not be able to test my forum with PageSpeed Insights?

You can likely still run Lighthouse locally.

But otherwise, this isn't something we can fix. It's not our code that is crashing.

That just would not happen, please stop being dramatic.

There's clearly a bug itself with https://web.dev/measure/ and it will either be resolved in due course or you may wish to report it as an issue to them directly here.

Alternatively, you can (successfully) perform a Lighthouse check on any URL using the functionality built into the Chrome developer tools.

You mean those noobs from Google can't write correct code? )
Googling your problem comes up with a GitHub repo with an outstanding bug... :D

Googling your problem comes up with a GitHub repo with an outstanding bug... :D
opened this issue on Apr 6
Assignees No one assigned

They're fast as bullets )

That just would not happen you say, huh? What do you say now?
Upgraded on 27th. In 3 days 2184 pages listed as valid mobiles turned into 867.

View attachment 231685
I would very much believe that is entirely unrelated to Lighthouse. Surely if it was the pages would be shown as an error instead of just disappearing?

But, regardless, it doesn’t change the very simple fact that the INTERNAL error is something that XF has no control over whatsoever as it is internal to Lighthouse.

why did you upgrade your production site to a beta?
do you accept "because I could" as an answer? )
Listen, I'm not crying about loss & not blaming anyone. I'm reporting an error.

INTERNAL error is something that XF has no control over whatsoever as it is internal to Lighthouse.
Just scanned tickets on google help, and here is a reply to someone with the same error: " This issue seems site specific to you, I suspect it's down to the 302 redirect to ?m=1 then javascript redirect to ?m=0 that's throwing lighthouse off, I'd look into why you are sending mobile user agents on that chain of redirects."

So, xF2.2 just became pwa, and I would bet a dollar, that there is some similar reason. I don't know about all that stuff, but I saw something similar, related to webmanifest and start url /?_pwa=1

@Chris D @Mike

So here is additional information for consideration.
I created a page and as usual went to Google Search Console to submit it for Google to index it quick.
First I hit the "Test live url" and got an error (attach 1). Then I hit the "Request indexing" and got an error (attach 2).
So I did "Test live url" for old pages marked as "URL is on Google". Got the same error.
Soo... it's not just PageSpeed Insight thinks that xF 2.2 pages are invalid. Google refuses to list them. And it will not surprise me that already indexed pages will start disappear after several re-crawls with error results.

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 19
We have been looking into this a little but not finding anything conclusive. Regardless of what we find and whatever workarounds we could implement this is still fundamentally a Google issue. Everything we have written is to spec - many of which Google themselves have written 🙂

Top Bottom