Lack of interest Pages

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

LPH

I'm not sure if this is a minor or major change. Hopefully it is easy and can happen in a future version.

Creating custom pages in XF is not very friendly. It would be nice if text was easily added as well as the ability to quickly and easily add a forum to a page.

For example - creating pages for businesses:

Page titled Apple.
Page includes information about Apple
Page includes information and links about Apple products
Page includes forums for Apple

In tinkering with adding a forum to a page - wow - what a nightmare! Imagine trying to do this for 50 companies (pages).

There needs to be an easier way.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't know what I'm really try to convey but I would like to see a real editor available when adding text to a page, not just a place to put html. I would like to be able to bold something without knowing the code or add a photo without knowing the html code for adding an image. I hope I'm making sense

I don't know what I'm really try to convey but I would like to see a real editor available when adding text to a page, not just a place to put html. I would like to be able to bold something without knowing the code or add a photo without knowing the html code for adding an image. I hope I'm making sense

Having an editor for the page would be a nice addition, too.

I'm really confused with this page, node, library business. Maybe XF is too complicated for me? The styling is great in XF but the node system I would rethink all together. Still love XF but the node system is going the right way for a smack bottom. LOL :D

I find XF's method of custom pages the easiest I've ever used. All you do is put your HTML in and you are good to go. Being able to edit with BB code would be better but it is very usable as is.

I find XF's method of custom pages the easiest I've ever used. All you do is put your HTML in and you are good to go. Being able to edit with BB code would be better but it is very usable as is.

Then you have not tried what I put in the OP :)

For me at least. I think it's something I'm just going to have to continue to try and figure out. I'm so used to a fantastic webbuilder that it's hard to do things this way. Add a page, place in the menu or submenu and it appears. < that is what I'm used to so I'm sure it is just me. I guess I'm looking at creating and adding a page in XF much like doing it in a webbuilder which is where my mental block is probably rooted. Anyway right now, I'm just finding it confusing. :) The term "node" is odd, IMO.

Top Bottom