[OzzModz] What's New Tweak

[OzzModz] What's New Tweak 2.2.1

No permission to download
Hello My Jinx.

I created a new node in my Forum, but the threads aren't showing up in the Whats New page.

I'm missing some configuration?

Add-on is working great so far, thank you! I have a setup question:

My What's New menu bar shows a "What's New" Tab in addition to Unread posts and All posts (as seen in the attached screenshot). How can I eliminate the "What's new" tab (because it's redundant with "All posts")

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 11.06.42 PM.webp

That should be easy! Go to your admin panel > Setup > Public navigation
There you should be able to disable the "What's new" item.

That should be easy! Go to your admin panel > Setup > Public navigation
There you should be able to disable the "What's new" item.

Yes, tried that, but when I do that, it removes the WHAT'S NEW tab from the forum navigation bar, so there's no way to navigate to What's New anymore.

Hmm that is weird. Maybe it has something to do with the template you are using.
Can you try with the default theme, does it still show the "What's new" item?

Ah I see what you mean. This is happening in the extra navigation bar. I was looking at the navigation bar above it.
Personally I choose to disable this bar completely (it is an option).

I guess the add-on will need an update to remove that part.

Ah ok. I prefer to leave this bar visible because I run an ad banner above it — so the forum navigation bar submenus are not that close (visibly).

I look forward to the addon update which will handle this. Thanks for all your help! 🙏

I've now changed my What's New link in the navbar to link to {{ link('whats-new/posts/') }}, but how do I also make this change for the What's New link in mobile view (the lightning icon in the floating navigation bar)?

Can you also consider two additional settings?

1) ability to start with auto-refresh OFF (but not disabled). So there would be a play icon displayed by default and users can then click it to start auto-refresh. Right now the only two states are auto-refresh on or completely disabled.

2) ability to hide/disable the refresh icon (in case we want to completely hide both the refresh and auto-refresh icons).

Thanks!

2) ability to hide/disable the refresh icon (in case we want to completely hide both the refresh and auto-refresh icons).
For this one, I think you could use the permission "Enable Whats new refresh options". This will enable or disable the complete refresh function.
Thanks for the other requests! Update is ready.

Reactions: DGG
Top Bottom