[OzzModz] Thread & Quick Reply Placeholders & Templates

[OzzModz] Thread & Quick Reply Placeholders & Templates 2.0.2

No permission to download
It would be great to have these configurable for usergroups. I'd like only admins/staff to be able to use this feature - else, normal for everyone else.

This looks great, and has great potential for future additions, too.

Hmm, can you provide a use case?

I don't think I could make it different text per usergroup though.

Not different text per usergroup, but say for certain nodes - I have a set format where staff post threads/posts quite often - It would be nice to have that set up and ready to go.

In terms of regular members doing the same, they'd just be able to post normal threads - no template existing. This essentially would replace the macro addon in some ways that I use it for.

I post news in a news node, where I like to keep the format of the post consistent.

Example -

-------------------------------------
Hero Image

Introduction text

Main content text

photo

Main content text

photo

outro

footer / credit links

-------------------------------------

Obviously a lot of it is just placeholders, as the content would change - but it would prompt future staff to follow the same format that I set.

Thanks for this @Ozzy47 . Question... the add-on has removed the placeholders from conversation messages too. How can these be restored?

Your last version is only working for XenForo 2.2 because in your replacement section for editor_base.less you add a variable into less file, which is not available in XenForo 2.1

Less:
    font-family: @placeholder-font-family;

and the find string is also not really correct for XenForo 2.1, because it will then replace to many lines

Last edited:
Your last version is only working for XenForo 2.2 because in your replacement section for editor_base.less you add a variable into less file, which is not available in XenForo 2.1

Less:
    font-family: @placeholder-font-family;

and the find string is also not really correct for XenForo 2.1, because it will then replace to many lines
Read the first post:

Compatible XF 2.x versions 2.1, 2.2
It isn't advertised as working and XF 1.x is no longer supported by Xenforo let alone most addon developers.

Time to upgrade.

It isn't advertised as working and XF 1.x is no longer supported by Xenforo let alone most addon developers.

Time to upgrade.
I guess you read different text on mine, I never written anything about XenForo 1.x

I just mentioned that the last version works only correct on XenForo 2.2.x releases, on 2.1.x the find and replacement do not work and need to be changed.

I’ll look into it when I get a chance. I might just drop 2.1 support, not sure yet.
Is it possible to read out the version number, if that is the case, maybe it is possible to use replacement x for 2.1 and replacement y for 2.2

This is what I've used for XF2.1
Find:
Code:
/.fr-placeholder.+display: block;/isU
replace with:
Code:
.fr-placeholder {
    position: absolute;
    font-size: @placeholder-size;
    color: @placeholder-color;
    z-index: 1;
    display: none;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    right: 0;
    //overflow: hidden;
  }

&.show-placeholder {
    .fr-placeholder {
      display: block;
      //white-space: nowrap;
      text-overflow: ellipsis;

Suggestion:
In a mixed content forum, I would like to show the message for Questions only. So when they click the Question tab it appears (placeholder in my case). Thanks!

Placeholders will not show if you have a thread prompt defined.

Can I ask why? I just realized why mine is not showing. I use a thread prompt that defines the title format and the same for the post body, but it does not show. Can we get both to show?

My placeholders do not show anymore. Not sure when they stopped perhaps with a XF upgrade. Any ideas?

Top Bottom