[OzzModz] Post Comments

[OzzModz] Post Comments 2.0.2 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
"Can comment on post" is set to "yes" but when I try to post a comment I get this error "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." @Painbaker

Thanks a lot for your great add-on.❤️ I have a question please. You say "By Default, XenForo will require use of bbcode to reply or quote a message". How to make precisely please so that the BBCode is obligatory for the reply or for the quote? :rolleyes: Because it doesn't work for me, I use XenForo 2.2.12 with PHP version 7.4.33.

Here are my settings. FireShot Capture 005 - Options_ [OzzModz] Post Comments - Forum Collants - Panneau de contrô_ ...png

Last edited:
Hi, this addon appears to trigger an issue with the thread rebuild with post counters cache rebuild job. When the addon is enabled, some posts have pagination issues (see here), and there is also an issue with some threads getting ordered incorrectly. Note the two screenshots, in the first one the addon is enabled and the thread/post cache was rebuilt, leading to posts from page 3 being displayed on page 1 instead, and the first post, and first 2 pages of content display on page 3, despite the post ID being lower:

Post 891907, shown incorrectly as the "first" post in the thread:

1688015312050.png

Post 877748, the original first post, reordered to page 3 in this thread when the post comments addon is enabled and thread/post cache rebuild is run:
1688015397847.png

Disabling this addon and running the cache rebuild again will restore the correct order:

1688015741207.png
The weird thing is, this thread with the post reordering issue, doesn't have any post comments in it that I can see. The pagination issue is seen in a thread where there is at least one comment, so I suspect these are two separate issues?

Last edited:
@Ozzy47
I can confirm the above postet error - I have the same trouble with several Errors like this one example:
Xenforo 2.2.13
Addon: 2.0.2 PL2
PHP: 8.1.2.1

A "threads rebuild" after add-on deactivation will fix it for now. But its not a real solution for the problem. ;-)

Code:
Error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Reply\Redirect::setParam() src/addons/DC/MoreThread/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php:26

Code:
#0 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(28): DC\MoreThread\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#1 src/addons/XFMG/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(11): MaZ\AMP\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/addons/ThemeHouse/PostComments/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(24): XFMG\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/addons/SV/UserActivity/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(15): ThemeHouse\PostComments\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): SV\UserActivity\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}

PHP:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(62) "/xf/threads/die-eigene-teichdokumentation-anlegen.42696/page-7"
  ["referrer"] => string(94) "https://www.my-forum.de/xf/threads/die-eigene-teichdokumentation-anlegen.42696/page-6"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I think there is a little bug as above described:
1690904642332.png

Last edited:
@Ozzy47
Do you have an idea how to handle the error above?
If needed I can make you a user account to try it by self in one of my forums.
I would spend also a little bit money if it helps to prior this bug fixing. ;-)

I'd like to be able to enable comments but not replies, so that certain usergroups can only comment, but not reply normally to threads, only comment. At the moment it doesn't seem possible

My Error from above is at the moment solved.
Its a problem in co-work with one or two other add-ons:
I deactivate both, and the add-on from OzzModz seems to be working again.

Ok, the error-message is gone, but the pagination trouble is stil there. (see: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ozzmodz-post-comments.200669/post-1634894 )

@Fullmental
Do you hav found a work around for this problem?

Here a link from us:

• there are on page 6 now 8 posts + 5 comments
  • pagination shows page 7
  • but when you click at page 7 or only at "forward" you will be jumped back to page 1

There might be a logic error?

It seems th posting counter is korrekt, but it feels like the pagination function is counting by self and counts so all - postings and comments and that comes up in a wrong acting pagination.

I hope you guys can fix that. :-)

Last edited:
Just posting here to confirm we are having the same issue as above which makes this addon unusable.

I know this doesn't help you, @Empty, but I just wanted to say that this is, by far, the most usable and used feature at our website. I suspect if I were able to count, there'd be over 20,000 comments at our site. Nested, working without a flaw. I do know that I'm behind on updating my Xenforo, don't know if you are using a newer/newest version and perhaps that's causing issues, or, I have been told that sometimes there are conflicts with add-ons, and I had to check into that at one point, not with this one but with others. Probably doesn't help to tell you that, but better than getting no suggestions.

I know this doesn't help you, @Empty, but I just wanted to say that this is, by far, the most usable and used feature at our website. I suspect if I were able to count, there'd be over 20,000 comments at our site. Nested, working without a flaw. I do know that I'm behind on updating my Xenforo, don't know if you are using a newer/newest version and perhaps that's causing issues, or, I have been told that sometimes there are conflicts with add-ons, and I had to check into that at one point, not with this one but with others. Probably doesn't help to tell you that, but better than getting no suggestions.
I think if you were using the original themehouse post comments addon and then switched to this one, or jsut started using this and haven't needed to rebuild its probably fine, but in situations where the rebuild tool has to be ran or conversion from other add-ons it does break pagination and order of posts.

I'm optimistic this issue can be resolved :)

In my case its a fresh installed add-on without a former installed TH add-on.
So, the problem is still there and we have to wait for a solution.

I also have the issue with the page count. I haven't done much PHP scripting and none in several years, so I'm not keen on trying to fix this myself, but, there seems so far not much response from the developer. I also didn't find an alternative resource for comments.

I installed Xenforo locally to debug, and set the posts per page lower for me to test easier. The wrong pagination appeared when posts + comments for the thread exceeded 20 (the default number of posts per page, but not the one set on my local version). Which is very weird, since pagination should always be based on that setting.

Question: Could this be related to the class TemplateRebuild (Src > XF > Job)? I have the impression that "Rebuild" classes have to do with listings and indexing, could be for pagination. It's a class that isn't overridden by the add-on, I believe, whereas it maybe should for list of posts in a thread. Am I looking in the right direction?

Top Bottom