[OzzModz] Post Areas

[OzzModz] Post Areas 2.1.3 Patch Level 2

No permission to download

Thomas.B

Thomas.B submitted a new resource:

Post Areas - Shows a user's post and thread count for each forum on the user profile page.

This add-on shows how many posts and threads a user created in each sub forum. The overview table is shown in a new user profile tab named „Post Areas“. The 2.0.0 release of this add-on has exactly the same features as the 1.4.3 release for XF1.

Features
  • the table is sorted by post counts in descending order
  • forum names are links to the corresponding...

Read more about this resource...

That's a good question. From skimming the changes docu I can't see any potential problem. If there is actually an issue it's probably due to changes in a template. So you should be able to check easily if it works or not.. If anyone tested it successfully in XF 2.1 please let me know so that I can update the add-on description accordingly..

That's a good question. From skimming the changes docu I can't see any potential problem. If there is actually an issue it's probably due to changes in a template. So you should be able to check easily if it works or not.. If anyone tested it successfully in XF 2.1 please let me know so that I can update the add-on description accordingly..
For some reason I can see my own threads and posts in XF 2.1, but when I check any other users all I see is "This user hasn't posted anything yet." I logged in under a couple of test accounts too and saw the same message for the test account I was logged in with, so apparently only I can see only my own content, I guess because I'm an admin...?

Okay, sorry, everything seems to be working fine now. I had already tried rebuilding the various caches and the addon's master data, but I think I must have forgotten to rebuild the pro performance addon's data before today. Anyway, whichever it was that did the trick, I'm not seeing any problems at the moment. (y)

Ok, thanks for the heads-up! I've added 2.1 as a compatible version and will keep it unless someone reports a 2.1-specific problem..

@Thomas.B
Thanks for the update.

And I've been meaning to ask you for a while, is there a way to link to the profile page from the member card to make the data a little quicker to access?

Well, the avatar and username in the member card is already linked to the profile page by default. But a link directly to the „Post Areas“ should also be possible via the member_tooltip template. The link should have the format members/<username>.<user_id>/postAreas.

Last edited:
Well, the avatar and username in the member card is already linked to the profile page by default. But a link directly to the „Post Areas“ should also be possible via the member_tooltip template. The link should have the format members/<username>.<user_id>/postAreas.
Yeah, I know, I'd only be saving a single click, but it's really more to do with wanting to make and keep people aware that it's there. Thank you, I'll play around with this.

Is there a permission setting to view post areas or do all guests and members have access?

Would be nice to be able to limit it as it’s own permission...
I guess, but if you're allowing guests and whoever to view profiles, not sure why you'd want to hide this from them, since profiles would contain other possibly more "sensitive" info than what threads/posts users have posted. But you can request it, I suppose.

EDIT: And actually, now that I think about it, people can see all that info under profiles anyway, just not as nicely presented, so there would really only be a need to set permissions for it if it were moved out of profiles; or maybe if you were wanting it as an "extra" feature for paid subscribers or other special groups - suppose that's likely what you have in mind.

Last edited:
@Thomas.B
I keep running into the "This user hasn't posted anything yet" problem I mentioned above. Manually running the cron fixes it, but usually when I check sometime the next day I run into the same problem. So basically I'm having to manually run the cron at least once a day. The cron settings are what I think are the defaults, any day of the month, etc., what I always used before, haven't changed them.

It seems to be mostly fine, lately. I think I was doing a lot of updating and what not at the time I posted that, so it might have just been mostly the result of disabling and reenabling the addon. I don't know. It's been probably a good week now since I last noticed it wasn't working. When that happens I just manually run the cron again and it's taken care of. Thank you.

Hey thanks for this great free add-on @Thomas.B I have an award add-on on my forum and wanted to find out how much users were posting in certain sections in order to give them awards - per section. This is the perfect solution and I just wanted to say thanks.

Thanks for the feedback @Brad Padgett ! It's always nice to know if people find this add-on useful. If you like, you can also write a (small) review which would probably be also helpful for other users.

Please add reaction score. It is really useful to see in which forums a user gains or looses the most points.

Top Bottom