[OzzModz] Old Thread Warning

[OzzModz] Old Thread Warning 2.0.2

No permission to download

Ozzy47

Ozzy47 submitted a new resource:

[OzzModz] Old Thread Warning - Show a warning on old threads

This addon will show a warning to users if a thread has not received a reply in a certain amount of days which is defined in the addon settings. You can also exclude the warning from showing on threads in certain forums. There is also usergroup permissions so you can disable the warning for certain usergroups.

You can also choose to disable the "Post reply" button until the user checks a checkbox acknowledging that they know the thread is old and want to reply anyway. This is on by default...

Read more about this resource...

Hi @Ozzy47,

Thanks for the add-on. It seems to not work to me in a question-type thread, just for regular threads. Should it work there as well?

Thanks

Hi Ozzy47,

Could this addon be used to stop new members or bots from posting on threads older than 6 months, or a year? We got a few old threads being revived by new members who post meaningless content (GPT4?).

Thanks!

We were getting the old thread warning showing up on conversations. I added an additional test to the ozzmodz_OTW_warning template:
<xf:if is="!$xf.visitor.hasPermission('view', 'ozzmodzOTWview') && {$__globals.forum.node_id} != '' && !in_array({$__globals.forum.node_id}, {$xf.options.ozzmodz_otw_nodes}) && ($__globals.thread.last_post_date <= {$xf.time} - ({$xf.options.ozzmodz_otw_days} * 86400))">

Hi @Ozzy47,

Thanks for the add-on. It seems to not work to me in a question-type thread, just for regular threads. Should it work there as well?

Thanks

in the template ozzmodz_OTW_warning change

Code:
<xf:if is="!$xf.visitor.hasPermission('view', 'ozzmodzOTWview') && !in_array({$__globals.forum.node_id}, {$xf.options.ozzmodz_otw_nodes}) && ($__globals.thread.last_post_date <= {$xf.time} - ({$xf.options.ozzmodz_otw_days} * 86400)) && $xf.reply.template == 'thread_view'">

to

Code:
<xf:if is="!$xf.visitor.hasPermission('view', 'ozzmodzOTWview') && !in_array({$__globals.forum.node_id}, {$xf.options.ozzmodz_otw_nodes}) && ($__globals.thread.last_post_date <= {$xf.time} - ({$xf.options.ozzmodz_otw_days} * 86400)) && in_array($xf.reply.template, ['thread_view', 'thread_view_type_question'])">

Top Bottom