[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
@Snog
I can set default thread prefix in acp when create thread, but is it possible that user choose prefix in form it self for thread creation?

I have some sort of items buy/sell/change node, and when user create thread, he can choose thread prefix, but if I change default thread creating with Forms (with thread created in particular node after user finish form) he can not set prefix. I need solution where user can choose one (or two) prefix for thread in form it self.

Also, any chance that this addon works with @Xon Multiprefix addon?

Thank you

@Snog
I can set default thread prefix in acp when create thread, but is it possible that user choose prefix in form it self for thread creation?

I have some sort of items buy/sell/change node, and when user create thread, he can choose thread prefix, but if I change default thread creating with Forms (with thread created in particular node after user finish form) he can not set prefix. I need solution where user can choose one (or two) prefix for thread in form it self.

Also, any chance that this addon works with @Xon Multiprefix addon?

Thank you
There is a Prefix answer type question available in the forms system. It was added in August of last year.

It only allows a single prefix selection, but should not interfere with the Multiprefix add-on.

@Snog
One bug discovered...
Conditional question - answer type: file upload is not shown on form.
File upload field is not shown if it is conditional question type

Also another bug:
in conditional question - Answer type: Single selection radio button - The description for this question. (below question) is not showing, instead it shows always description from conditional question

using latest stable xenforo and latest version of this addon

Last edited:
@Snog
One bug discovered...
Conditional question - answer type: file upload is not shown on form.
File upload field is not shown if it is conditional question type

Also another bug:
in conditional question - Answer type: Single selection radio button - The description for this question. (below question) is not showing, instead it shows always description from conditional question

using latest stable xenforo and latest version of this addon
Thanks!

I'll correct these in the next release.

EDIT: Another bug was found while correcting these. Yes/No questions can end up having multiple Yes/No answers under some circumstances.

These have all been corrected in the next release (most likely on Tuesday).

Last edited:
Add - Conditional questions
Pardon me if I missed this already, as I'm just starting to play around with Forms on my test install, but is the "Add Conditional Question" valid for the "Default Questions" listing or only when modifying the list of questions for a specific form?

I have a default question named "Transaction Type" that is a single select radio button with three choices (For Sale, Want to Buy, For Trade). For the "For Sale" and "Want to Buy" choices I want to add a conditional "Price" question.

From the "Default Questions" listing I can't add any conditional questions as it gives me the error "No questions that have answers which may be used as a conditional have been defined." but if I add the "Transaction Type" question to a form and then from the list of questions for the form I can add a new conditional question with no problem.

Expected behavior?

Yes/No questions
Can we change default Yes/No to something else (translate to another language) and use that instead english Yes/No?

Also,
Any chance to manage somehow that answer which is selected for thread title is not showing in post than?
Because there is no option for user to write title for that thread (which will be crated after form is submitted) except to manage that with first question answered as title for that thread, and that is also submitted into post to.

Conditional question - if we have multiple choices in "mother" question, it would be good if we can choose conditional for all of selected choices at once.
For example, I have frm for forum bugs, and question is "Bug is confirmed on desktop version, on mobile version or both". I can use than conditional question for answer "mobile" to ask what is version of Android/iOS, but same question I will ask if answer is "Both"

Pardon me if I missed this already, as I'm just starting to play around with Forms on my test install, but is the "Add Conditional Question" valid for the "Default Questions" listing or only when modifying the list of questions for a specific form?

I have a default question named "Transaction Type" that is a single select radio button with three choices (For Sale, Want to Buy, For Trade). For the "For Sale" and "Want to Buy" choices I want to add a conditional "Price" question.

From the "Default Questions" listing I can't add any conditional questions as it gives me the error "No questions that have answers which may be used as a conditional have been defined." but if I add the "Transaction Type" question to a form and then from the list of questions for the form I can add a new conditional question with no problem.

Expected behavior?
That's an oversight on my part. I didn't account for the default questions when adding conditional questions. I'll try to have that fixed in the next release.

Can we change default Yes/No to something else (translate to another language) and use that instead english Yes/No?
The add-on already uses the "yes" and "no" XenForo phrases. So, they should already be displayed in whatever language you're using.

If there's a specific place they aren't being used, please let me know where so I can remove what would be a hard coded "Yes" or "No".
Also,
Any chance to manage somehow that answer which is selected for thread title is not showing in post than?
Because there is no option for user to write title for that thread (which will be crated after form is submitted) except to manage that with first question answered as title for that thread, and that is also submitted into post to.
You can stop it from being displayed by creating a custom BBCode where 'display' is set to 'none' and wrapping the report format for the question in that BBCode.

Conditional question - if we have multiple choices in "mother" question, it would be good if we can choose conditional for all of selected choices at once.
For example, I have frm for forum bugs, and question is "Bug is confirmed on desktop version, on mobile version or both". I can use than conditional question for answer "mobile" to ask what is version of Android/iOS, but same question I will ask if answer is "Both"
While I understand what you're asking for, I don't think this will happen. If you have multiple answers getting the same conditional question, the question must be defined multiple times.

I'll put this on the wish list, but as I said I don't anticipate it happening.

Last edited:
Is there any way we can have bb code or html in the question descriptions? I basically want to highlight the fact that my members typically need to attach a document to their form and they often don’t lol.

Is there any way we can have bb code or html in the question descriptions? I basically want to highlight the fact that my members typically need to attach a document to their form and they often don’t lol.
No you can't. The form system uses the standard XF input field format.

If you're finding people aren't including an uploaded file, make the upload question required by entering a "Question error" for the upload question.

If it's truly optional, there's nothing that can be done if they don't include the file.

I'll take back my last reply to an extent.

I'll try to allow HTML in the question descriptions in the next release. But, be aware that there is a size limit of 250 characters for the description and I won't be increasing that.

Snog updated Advanced Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.16.1

An update to Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Single selection radio button conditional question showing description from parent
  • Fix - Upload file question not showing when a conditional question
  • Fix - Yes/No radio button showing multiple Yes or No answers under certain circumstances
  • Fix - Can't add default conditional questions
  • Minor Change - Allow HTML in question descriptions

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Fix - Can't add default conditional questions
Thanks for adding that to the current release. Just two minor things caught my attention...

For both of these the test scenario would be adding, for example, 5 default questions with resulting IDs of 1,2,3,4,5 and question ID 3 is conditional upon question ID 1.
  • When adding all default questions to a form, and if a default question is optional, the optional conditional question ID is retaining the ID of the default conditional question ID. To clarify that, after adding the default questions to the form they might get inserted as question IDs 6,7,8,9,10 and question ID 8 is the optional question but the question ID that it is conditional upon still points at ID 1 instead of ID 6.
  • When creating the Report Title the number scheme does not seem to be including the optional questions. In this case I tried creating a title that uses {A2} and {A4} which in our example maps to question IDs 7 & 9, between the being ID 8 which is optional. When the report gets generated it is using the values of {A2} and {A5} instead (IDs 7 & 10). If I use {A2} and {A3} in the title instead then I get the values for question IDs 7 & 9 as wanted.
Both minor with the second item being the one that made me go 'Huh?' until I realized what was going on.

Thanks for adding that to the current release. Just two minor things caught my attention...

For both of these the test scenario would be adding, for example, 5 default questions with resulting IDs of 1,2,3,4,5 and question ID 3 is conditional upon question ID 1.
  • When adding all default questions to a form, and if a default question is optional, the optional conditional question ID is retaining the ID of the default conditional question ID. To clarify that, after adding the default questions to the form they might get inserted as question IDs 6,7,8,9,10 and question ID 8 is the optional question but the question ID that it is conditional upon still points at ID 1 instead of ID 6.
  • When creating the Report Title the number scheme does not seem to be including the optional questions. In this case I tried creating a title that uses {A2} and {A4} which in our example maps to question IDs 7 & 9, between the being ID 8 which is optional. When the report gets generated it is using the values of {A2} and {A5} instead (IDs 7 & 10). If I use {A2} and {A3} in the title instead then I get the values for question IDs 7 & 9 as wanted.
Both minor with the second item being the one that made me go 'Huh?' until I realized what was going on.
The first one is going to take a while for me to debug.

But you're confusing me with question IDs being different than the {A2} and {A4}. The question numbers match what is shown in the form question list..

In the above 1, 3, 4 and 6 can be used in the form title creation and they correspond to {A1}, {A3}, {A4} and {A6}.

If you could post a screenshot, or send me a screenshot by PC, that might help me understand what you're saying

But I just discovered, due to the addition of conditional questions to the default questions now generates an error when you add them to a form. I'll need to fix that ASAP.

EDIT: I now see what you're saying in the second part of your report. I'll fix that ASAP.

Last edited:
Snog updated Advanced Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.16.2

An update to Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Misassignment of question info when adding default questions to form
  • Fix - Error when deleting a question that had conditional questions, but conditional questions were deleted first
  • Fix - Error when inserting default questions into form
  • Fix - Questions used in thread title not accounting for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I’m probably doing something wrong here but could use some input.

My registered user group has access to a form that requires an attachment. When the registered usergroup fills out the form and chooses a file to attach they get this permission error:

The usergroup can submit forms and has the permission to post attachments. The forum where the form goes is set to private so they can’t see it, but I enabled the three required permissions in that forum for them to attach. What am I doing wrong here? 🤔

The forum where the form goes is set to private so they can’t see it, but I enabled the three required permissions in that forum for them to attach. What am I doing wrong here? 🤔
I'm going to have to look at this on Monday. Something may have changed for permissions that I was unaware of. I may need to roll back the changes made to the attachment handler in version 2.0.14.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Top Bottom