Resource icon

[oxy] Gamer 1.1b

No permission to download

0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n submitted a new resource:

[oxy] Gamer - Adds game cards and icons to postbit

I made this easier for people who are uncomfortable with modifying the templates, it's now an add-on.

INSTRUCTIONS
Download and Unzip contents
Upload contents to your forum install
Go to your admincp and install the addon-oxyGamer.xml file
VOILA you have oxyGamer installed

-CHANGE IMAGES-
Upload your images to a folder or styles/OXY/Gamer
Open up admincp->appearances->templates-> oxy_gamer_games.css
FIND .psn or .xbox or .steam and replace the background url for each one....​

Read more about this resource...

Not showing up for me in default style or custom.
Did you make sure the custom user field IDs were entered correctly?

EXAMPLE

You created a custom userfield via admincp->users->custom user fields
The field id is playstation
SO you need to go to admincp->options->[oxy] Gamer and change the "PSN" text field to "playstation"

If I knew how to create custom userfields with an add-on we could skip this trouble, but unfortunately I'm not that advanced. Then again if I was, a lot of sites already implemented these fields and a great number of users have already filled them out.

No errors either?

Well, the userfields have been there for years since I used to use a similar mod for vBulletin. I wonder if something is missing when it imports. Haven't used them since we moved to XF. I really can't make new ones since there is no way I am going to get people to reenter all that info.

Well, the userfields have been there for years since I used to use a similar mod for vBulletin. I wonder if something is missing when it imports. Haven't used them since we moved to XF. I really can't make new ones since there is no way I am going to get people to reenter all that info.
yeah this add-on doesn't require new ones. You just need to make sure that the field ids I provided are changed to your current field ids! If you don't mind you can PM me the site and give me temp ability to view the options.

They are the right id's. Something else is going on.
Which version of XF are you using?

AND lets check to make sure the proper hook is there
admincp->appearances->templates->message_user_info
Make sure this exists

<xen:hook name="message_user_info_custom_fields"

AND if it does, do you have ANY other add-ons that add anything to the user post bit. I'll install and check compatibility.

I know a few who tried this out said there was a conflict issue with a few themes.

It's 1.2.1. It hooks should be in the default style. Is ControllerPublic > userfields.php supposed to be an empty file?

Ah ok. I'll try that. Haven't messed with custom user fields yet.
Oooo it's likely that since it's off by default :) I completely forgot about it because I always enable that in the beginning of my installations.

Added it to the instructions just now >.> lol

Ok the css is pointing to styles/OXY/Gamer/steam.png when you have it in the file as styles/Gamer/steam.png

So maybe the updated file has the wrong structure.

No problem working now. I have to change all that so I can feed them from the CDN anyway.

I would suggest checking for content before adding the "ConsoleContainer" div. That way when people don't have it set it won't add height to the user info area. You should be able to do that right in the template.

I will add that next update (a few days hopefully) I'm adding an option to specify the icons if they don't want the default set I've included as well as a few other things :)

I didn't even notice/consider that when viewing my own forum. Great suggestion I appreciate it.

Top Bottom