1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Overlay Sub-Headings

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Amaury, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

How can I make some of the overlays that use the heading styling for the sub-heading use the sub-heading styling instead?

So, for example, one of the areas it's like this is the multi-quote overlay. How can I make the "Drag messages..." sub-heading be the same style as the sub-heading on the Moderation Actions overlay (Moderator, Action, Date)?

KHF Overlay 1.PNG KHF Overlay 2.PNG

Hope this makes sense.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The default style is already like that, so it's something you have done in your custom style to change it.

Amaury likes this.
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Thanks, Brogan.

I figured it out while I was working on our framework. All this time I had been making the heading and sub-headings the same background color for consistency reasons, and I just figured out that was the cause of the "issue."
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

@Brogan, I don't remember if this is how @mike406 did it on KH-Flare 2014, but I just wanted to let you know I got it "fixed."

Since it's a conscious choice to have headings and sub-headings be the same color and whatnot, I simply changed this:

<h3 class="subHeading multiQuoteDragHeading">{xen:phrase drag_messages_to_rearrange_for_quoting}</h3>
    To this in the thread_multi_quote_overlay template:

<h3 class="sectionFooter multiQuoteDragHeading">{xen:phrase drag_messages_to_rearrange_for_quoting}</h3>
    And I can just do the same for other areas like that. From looking at it further, the Moderator Actions one--the gray bar in my OP's second screenshot--uses primaryContent for its class, so I really can just use anything that's not a header-type styling. :)

KHF Drag.PNG