1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outgress - Ingress Analytics

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by digitalpoint, Apr 21, 2016.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

I started playing Ingress last summer, and decided to build a site that solved some problems I had with the game as a player. Plus I thought it would be a fun thing to build as well.

https://outgress.com

It's really not a community that much. It's more an analytics application built on top of the XenForo framework.

Basically users can feed their email damage reports from the game into the system and it builds profiles and things based on aggregate data flowing in.

...and it's going to be of zero interest to anyone who doesn't play Ingress, so I won't get into too much detail about what it does unless someone wants to know. lol

SneakyDave likes this.
  2. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

For the concept and execution of it, 100 out of 100. How did you come up with that idea?

For the styling of the forum itself: ummmm.... (y)

Alfa1 likes this.
  3. digitalpoint

Yeah... Don't really care much about the style. It's a tool/system that does a job, and users are there because of what it does, not what it looks like. :)

As far as idea... Really just came about because it was stuff I wish I had as a player. :)

4. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Ha, just installed this app, seems like a fun thing to do :)

5. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

It really is. I've been playing it since Dec 2012 ;)

6. digitalpoint

It is... I figure if I'm gonna play a game, might as well do something that takes me to cool places and gives me exercise. :)

I started playing last summer, and I've walked over 1,100 km playing since then. :)

image.png

7. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Showoff...

I've only managed to walk 1600KM...

Granted, I started playing before the agent tab.

Enguerran A likes this.
  8. digitalpoint

Only? Pretty sure 1600 is more than 1100. :)

9. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Since summer of last year - 1100
    Since Dec 2012 - 1600

you = more than 1100 a year
    Liam = about 530 a year

Hence the 'only' I would guess.

10. digitalpoint

This site has been a fun little project and it's been growing like mad just from word of mouth. I built a little stats page that shows growth of the volume of data it's ingesting.

https://outgress.com/stats/

thedude likes this.
  11. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

That's very impressive :)

12. digitalpoint

The new Pokémon GO game is based on Ingress (a stripped down version basically). But decided to take advantage of the map data we have and regurgitated it to also be a Pokémon GO map of Poké Stops and Gyms.

https://pokelytics.com

13. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Active Member

You should have called it gogress.

14. digitalpoint

Why exactly is that?

15. CarpCharacin

Pokemon go is based on ingress.

16. digitalpoint

So? Pokémon users don't know that. Ingress is based on usage of a GPS and compiled C++. Why not call it GoCGPS? Stupid.

Why don't you call your site XenUtahFishKeepers since it's based on XenForo? lol

SneakyDave, CarpCharacin and Jake B. like this.
  17. CarpCharacin

lol I guess you're right.

18. digitalpoint

On a side note, can I just say that running a XenForo site that doesn't get thousands of spams per day is way more fun. haha

System is still growing pretty exponentially for Ingress players... It now has:
    • People feeding data into it from 60 countries
    • 979,007 unique in-game portals seen
    • 257,044 unique players seen
    • Processed 17,349,112 emails that people have forwarded
    https://outgress.com/stats/

But back to the original point of this post... not spending 95% of your time dealing with spammers, scammers, etc. is nice. :)

thedude and CarpCharacin like this.