Will the update about google analytics be taken into account in xenforo 2.3 version?

Google Analytics 4 is replacing Universal Analytics. On July 1, 2023 all standard Universal Analytics properties will stop processing data. 360 Universal Analytics properties will stop processing data on July 1, 2024.

Migration walkthrough (videos):

XenForo 2 already works just fine with GA4. You do need to create a new property on Google's side though because UA properties aren't compatible (and can't be migrated to GA4). But that's an issue on Google's side, not XenForo's... nothing XenForo (or anyone else) can do about turning UA properties into GA4 properties on Google's side.

To switch XF2 to GA4, you just need to put in your GA4 property ID in XF settings (replacing your UA one).

If you're referring to the s
To switch XF2 to GA4, you just need to put in your GA4 property ID in XF settings (replacing your UA one).
I did this recently but data didn't seem to be flowing to the new property on the Analytics. That said, I probably just set something up wrong and haven't had time to investigate. Unlike some, I don't rely that heavily on Analytics.

Migration walkthrough (videos):

I put everything aside... I couldn't even verify the address of my adsense account (since the 2000s), which I've been using for years.. I'm not saying it again...!!! Google is my scourge....!!!

I put everything aside... I couldn't even verify the address of my adsense account (since the 2000s), which I've been using for years.. I'm not saying it again...!!! Google is my scourge....!!!
If using the new G4 property... in the default XF location (if not using Digital Points add-on) you have to make sure to use the G- prefix in front of your code.
Of course, I'd still recommend using his add-on..

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 4.37.57 AM.webp

It definitely works... just make sure your web property ID that you have in XenForo options is the right format... if it's not G-xxxxxxxxxx, it's wrong.
Yeah I know I got that much right. I am wondering if I set it up properly in GA in the first place. I set it up a while ago but didn't add the property to my site until recently.

XenForo 2 already works just fine with GA4. You do need to create a new property on Google's side though because UA properties aren't compatible (and can't be migrated to GA4). But that's an issue on Google's side, not XenForo's... nothing XenForo (or anyone else) can do about turning UA properties into GA4 properties on Google's side.

AH!

Measurement ID not Property ID.

In GA4: Admin -> Property Settings -> Data Collection and Modification -> Data Streams -> Add Stream -> Web

Then in the Web Stream Details it gives the Measurement ID.

Got it.

Top Bottom