1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Outdated Templates

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Amaury, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

So I'm going through templates and manually resolving the conflicts that couldn't be automatically rectified, but when I click Merge Changes on some templates to go in and see the conflicts, I get this error:

The custom template is out of date but has been edited more recently than the parent. Merging can only be done by hand.

Otherwise, this is quite a fun experience! :)
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You will have to revert and manually reapply your customisations.
    Amaury likes this.
  3. vbuser

vbuser Active Member

Add a carriage return in the template or delete one then save and the error will go away.
  4. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

That does not solve the outdated issue.

If you don't already have Notepad++ and the compare plugin I suggest getting it so you can see the differences from the master template to your edited version.
    Amaury likes this.
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Thanks, @Steve.

I already got everything (it was quite a bit, but at the same time, it wasn't too many and not too time-consuming) but this one for KH-Flare 2014 for the reason you mentioned above. I'm not able to glance and see what's different from the default template. The one for KH-Flare 2015 is an issue with @Nights' custom template, which he can resolve himself: No previous version of the parent could be found. Merging is not possible.

KHF Temp.PNG