XF 1.4 outdated template issue

Betclever

Hello all,

I have an outdated template I can't remove.
I can't merge automatically so when I click on "merge changes", it returns an error message:

The custom template is out of date but has been edited more recently than the parent. Merging can only be done by hand.

The file which is concerned is a CSS file "node_list" but everything is working fine so I don't need to change anything more but how can I remove the message when I log into my admin CP?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2015-09-10 à 10.16.10.webp
    Capture d’écran 2015-09-10 à 10.16.10.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 9
You need to manually edit the template and incorporate any missing changes by hand. We can't identify the "base" version of the template. You can use the "view custom changes" link to compare your custom version with the default version. From there, you would identify the changes you've intentional made vs the ones that you didn't make; the ones you didn't make are the ones that changed between versions and you should incorporate those into your customized version.

You need to manually edit the template and incorporate any missing changes by hand. We can't identify the "base" version of the template. You can use the "view custom changes" link to compare your custom version with the default version. From there, you would identify the changes you've intentional made vs the ones that you didn't make; the ones you didn't make are the ones that changed between versions and you should incorporate those into your customized version.

Everything which is in green is present on the template node_list.css so I don't understand why the system continues to show the error message.
The parent style doesn't have the same content of course but is this the problem?
If yes, I can paste the content into the parent style cause I just modified the child template.

Green just indicates additions. It doesn't indicate a "good" value.

The message is saying that the parent version is newer than your custom version, so by definition you can't have whatever changes were made in that version incorporated. Whether or not this affects the output badly, I couldn't say. If you're seeing any problems, you could just save the updated template to clear the message, but there could be problems down the line. The ideal approach is to revert and recustomize if you're unsure.

Top Bottom