Our Adsense history

So in effect, you censored your community in order to appease Google?
Not really, that content is still allowed and available in private forums where no Adsense banners are shown. On the pages that contain ads, I think it's fair that advertisers should have something to say about the content that is shown close to their ads (adult or violent content etc.) Actually we have always been one of the most censorship-free forums for Dutch speaking people. Most forums I visit, including XFC have much stronger censorship in comparison. I do not 'appease' Google, I respect and adhere to their policy, because I like to co-operate with them. ;)

Make sure to quickly adjust this ad placement as it's against the TOS. You are mimicking a post with your text ads that is an absolutely no go and a bannable offense. I have seen other boards losing their (s)adsense over it.

Attachments

• masking.webp
    masking.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 43
Well you are allowed to use the site's layout color/font in ads. The only important thing is to make sure it doesn't confuse with content, that's why we have the little "Avertentie" (advertisement) heading there:

Schermafbeelding 2015-12-25 om 11.09.27.webp

Top Bottom