Osama Bin Laden is dead!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just one chapter closed.
Being a NYer and living in the Washington DC area on 9/11, it brings chills reliving that day.
I was out of state when it happened but I went to High School less than two blocks away from ground zero. To me it's always been more shocking than chilling, just how something like that could happen, I guess my brain couldn't really compute it. Hopefully this is a crippling blow because even if it is, we still have much work left to do.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/usama-bin-laden

REWARD: The Rewards For Justice Program, United States Department of State, is offering a reward of up to $25 million for information leading directly to the apprehension or conviction of Usama Bin Laden. An additional $2 million is being offered through a program developed and funded by the Airline Pilots Association and the Air Transport Association

It should be donated to the families of the soldiers that gave their lives that led up to this point.

osama.dead.4.webp

Feels weird to see this mass murderer as an innocent boy.

Thousands of people outside the Whitehouse, chanting "USA USA USA". :p

It is great that those people are celebrating but in reality this does not mean no more terrorism by any means. Like steven s said "This is just one chapter closed".

[Updated, 11:59 p.m. ET] - More detail on where Osama bin Laden was killed: U.S. forces killed him at a compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, after a firefight, U.S. President Barack Obama said.
Updated, 11:56 p.m. ET] U.S. diplomatic facilities around the world were placed on high alert following the announcement of Osama bin Laden's death, a senior U.S. official said. The U.S. State Department should be sending out a new "worldwide caution" for Americans shortly.
[Updated, 11:44 p.m. ET] Bin Laden was killed in a military operation in Pakistan that U.S. President Barack Obama ordered today, Obama said.
Obama said he was told last August that the United States had developed a possible lead on bin Laden - intelligence on bin Laden hiding in a compound in Pakistan. Obama said he determined last week that the United States had actionable intelligence.
"Today at my direction, the United States directed a targeted operation against that compound," Obama said.
Bin Laden was killed after a firefight, and forces took custody of his body, the president said. No Americans were harmed, Obama said.

Hmmmm.... what does the US do with the body now ? DNA confirm it is him .... then who takes it from there ?

[Updated, 11:59 p.m. ET] - ..

"Today at my direction, the United States directed a targeted operation against that compound," Obama said.

Obama said this in his speech tonight, which is not entirely the truth from what all the reports are saying. It took a week to announce this while waiting on the DNA test. Meaning we had no idea for a week while the group al-Qaeda obviously knew and I'm sure will retaliate in some way shape or form.

Being on Dialysis it would be hard for Osama to keep on the move I would think.

Many sources are saying he was killed 1 week ago but they were waiting for a DNA match. That kind of bugs me..
He's used doubles in the past.

Obama said this in his speech tonight, which is not entirely the truth from what all the reports are saying. It took a week to announce this while waiting on the DNA test. Meaning we had no idea for a week while the group al-Qaeda obviously knew and I'm sure will retaliate in some way shape or form.
Our news sources here are saying that they waited a week for DNA tests to come back, to be sure it was Bin Laden, as he has used doubles in the past. Once they got the results, Obama gave the order to move in, and he was killed this morning during a firefight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom