OS X Yosemite Public Beta

I'd imagine we'll see iTunes 12 released when Yosemite releases - might be why the icon's not been updated in the DP yet.

How have you found the visibility of the new UI? I've downloaded it from my dev account but not yet installed it in fear that it'll be too...bland and hard to read, like iOS 7 was to begin with.
They did in a tasteful way. So far the changes don't seem majorly noticeable if you've used iOS 7.

Downloaded + installed Yosemite, posting from it now.

For a DP1, it's surprisingly stable and polished. Most of the UI bugs I've found so far are related to fullscreen Finder and transparency. The new Safari (8.0) is quite nice, and I really like the new icons (especially Finder and Trash). However, the new iTunes/iTunes icon is not included in DP1, not even with the 11.2.2 update.
Screenshot?

What do you want a screenshot of?
For those of you with the beta hook us up with screenshots please!

General
screenshot you using safari.
screenshot you in system preferences.
screenshot you using finder.

Photos
screenshot you in photos. does the beta include the new photos app?
screenshot iCloud Drive if it's available.

iMessage
screenshot you using imessage to send a text to someone who is not on imessages (ex: android)
screenshot you recording a voiceclip in imessages.

Here are some. I don't think the new photos app wasn't going to be ready till like next year.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 6.00.59 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 6.00.59 PM.webp
    48 KB · Views: 50
  • Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 6.01.42 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 6.01.42 PM.webp
    74.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 6.03.49 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 6.03.49 PM.webp
    50 KB · Views: 42
@Will in System Preferences pane, what is Extensions?
In Finder the icons are too light. Do they darken when hovered over?
In Finder, you have a folder on your sidebar called iCloud. Does that lead you to iCloud settings or what?
Should probably delete the iMessage screenshot since it has someone's number.
Wow SMS finally working. Dang that makes me want a Beta...

@Will in System Preferences pane, what is Extensions?
In Finder the icons are too light. Do they darken when hovered over?
In Finder, you have a folder on your sidebar called iCloud. Does that lead you to iCloud settings or what?
Should probably delete the iMessage screenshot since it has someone's number.
Wow SMS finally working. Dang that makes me want a Beta...
The Finder icons do not change color. I agree that they are a bit too bright. A slightly darker blue would be ideal.
Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 18.59.27.webp

"Extensions" works similar to Safari extensions, it that it allows for system-wide plug-ins. Things like widgets (for Notification Center), Markup (for use in Preview and other apps), etc.

Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 19.00.53.webp

So that's an iCloud folder? Cool. Does it let you create folders inside or do you only have one folder. Screenshot?

Also, one more request, do you know if the Notes app has changed any?

Oh wow looks like I'm done downloading Yosemite.

The account setup page reminds me of Windows 8 a lil bit. Gives you the option of letting you login under your icloud account.

So that's an iCloud folder? Cool. Does it let you create folders inside or do you only have one folder. Screenshot?

Yes, you can create folders.
Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 8.38.46 PM.webp

This is off topic from Yosemite, but this is for anyone using iOS 8. Have any of you seen the Predictive Text stop working?

From what I can tell, you can't use Dark mode yet. Unless I'm missing something.
Also correct, it's not in DP1. Usually the build Apple shows off at the keynotes tends to be more recent than the one they actually release to developers. DP1 is quite stable but missing several obvious features.

iCloud Drive will turn iCloud into a regular hierarchal folder, exactly like Dropbox. You can organize things anyway you want, whereas before, everything had to be in one giant monolithic folder.
Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 20.49.55.webp

(The icon is pretty messy, it will probably change in later releases).

Notes doesn't look much different from before:
Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 20.51.05.webp

It works exactly like it did in Mavs and continues to sync with iCloud.

Top Bottom