Original XF Images

digitalpoint

Is there a graphics dev kit for the original XF images anywhere by chance?

I'm *hoping* they are vector based because I wanted to make a set of SVG versions.

Oh... yeah, not a way to do that unfortunately... it's the drawback of not going out to fetch a zillion Facebook resources for each page view and initialize the user object against those (basically we don't know if the user is logged into their FB account or not).

@digitalpoint Would be cool to have this as a download ... ie... Host it locally rather than depend on loading the js and svg on your site.
It doesn't need to load any SVG from our site (just a single JS).

Either way, I don't really see that happening. It's not something that would do well in a zillion different environments from a support standpoint (the backend requires special PHP extensions, requires a certain web server config, requires memcached, etc.)

It doesn't need to load any SVG from our site (just a single JS).

Either way, I don't really see that happening. It's not something that would do well in a zillion different environments from a support standpoint (the backend requires special PHP extensions, requires a certain web server config, requires memcached, etc.)
And adds a link to your site. :P

Nicely done either way.

And adds a link to your site. :p

Nicely done either way.
Yep, but at the end of the day, I really don't care if people use it or not (and premium members have the option to not show the attribution link), and it *does* require resources on our end (granted, individually it's a small amount of resources)... I just made it for my site really because I wanted something to make the site faster.

Top Bottom