Organize the suggestion forum

I am also acutely aware that the Suggestions forum appeared to be ignored. All I can say in defence is that my team simply did not have sufficient resources to work with that codebase producing new features and fixing bugs and to provide feedback and comments in the Suggestions forum, as much as we would have liked to do so.
For what it's worth, I can tell you that in early 2008 I directed all the company resources I had at my disposal to scouring that forum for what people really wanted from vBulletin 4. After an intensive period of information gathering, the majority of the features we had in development were a direct result of assimilating customer suggestions and fashioning them into features that would be useful for a large portion of customers, rather than the niche requirements the form of which many suggestions take. This remained the case until vBulletin 4 was re-scoped towards the end of 2008, when a new set of requirements and a new development schedule was introduced.

This is a quote made by Kier^^^^

xF is not even a month old and this forum already has more then 700 threads. I think we need to learn from the past from the past (referring to the vB suggestion forum) and start to organize this forum. How about a list of sub forums to categorize these threads?

Style & UI suggestions, admin panel suggestions etc.

I suspect Kier and Mike have already logged the suggestions which have garnered most support amongst the members.

Ok, the only way the Suggestions forum is going to work is if every week, a XenForo staff member goes through and compiles a list of suggestions that users are showing interest in, with # of likes/votes, and a little notation about how each suggestion is Trending.

Then Kier, Mike, etc. can go through that one list and comment item-by-item. A weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly report responding to the Suggestions forum would be most excellent.

Expecting Kier and Mike to read the Suggestions forum is like trying to drink out of a fire hose, not to mention a poor use of time.

P.S. I've just described one of the responsibilities of the Community Manager position.

Yep we've taken a step towards gaining some kind of control. Look at the forumhome page. :D

Yep we've taken a step towards gaining some kind of control. Look at the forumhome page. :D
Implemented? :P though it seems kinda recursive to implement a suggestion that suggests to clean up the suggestions forum!

Top Bottom