1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Organize the suggestion forum

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by _| () R | Z, Aug 17, 2010.

1. _| () R | Z

_| () R | Z Member

This is a quote made by Kier^^^^

xF is not even a month old and this forum already has more then 700 threads. I think we need to learn from the past from the past (referring to the vB suggestion forum) and start to organize this forum. How about a list of sub forums to categorize these threads?

Style & UI suggestions, admin panel suggestions etc.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I suspect Kier and Mike have already logged the suggestions which have garnered most support amongst the members.

3. feldon30

feldon30 Well-Known Member

Ok, the only way the Suggestions forum is going to work is if every week, a XenForo staff member goes through and compiles a list of suggestions that users are showing interest in, with # of likes/votes, and a little notation about how each suggestion is Trending.

Then Kier, Mike, etc. can go through that one list and comment item-by-item. A weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly report responding to the Suggestions forum would be most excellent.

Expecting Kier and Mike to read the Suggestions forum is like trying to drink out of a fire hose, not to mention a poor use of time.

P.S. I've just described one of the responsibilities of the Community Manager position.

4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yep we've taken a step towards gaining some kind of control. Look at the forumhome page. :D

5. James

James Well-Known Member

Implemented? :p though it seems kinda recursive to implement a suggestion that suggests to clean up the suggestions forum!