1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Order member list

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Eleeist, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Eleeist

Eleeist New Member

Is it possible to order the member list by eg. number of trophy points / registration date etc.?

2. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

It is possible, with code changes. But you'll have to tell us which one of those rankings you want if you want us to help you :)

3. Eleeist

Eleeist New Member

My question was a general one, if it is possible to enable such feature. It's strange that XenForo does not provide such ability by default. Most if not all good forum softwares provide such ability.

4. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Well, okay. Just know it can be done. I do hope you don't drop XenForo off your good forum software list because it can't order member lists :)

5. Eleeist

Eleeist New Member

No, not at all. I love XenForo for all the other unique features it provide. Lack of ability to sort member list was just a thing that I noticed while evaluating a demo version.

I guess this topic could be moved to feature suggestion forum.

Vincent likes this.
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

7. Eleeist

Eleeist New Member

Thank you, that will help, but still - the users viewing the list cannot choose the way they want to sort.

8. dynamite

dynamite New Member

thank you :D very good

9. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

What usage scenario are you thinking ?
    How many members do you have ?

10. optrex

optrex Active Member

I would at the very least like to be able to list
    • by total posts made
    • by date last active
    • by date joined

11. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

There have been quite a few discussions about the lack of member management tools. I suspect that it will be greatly improved in future versions. It seems to be a very easy thing to code and I suspect is high on the list for the developers.

In my case, I was used to much better tools in my old software, but the benefits of XF beat out this particular shortcoming. As mentioned, it can be worked around in various ways for now.

12. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

I'm working on an addon for this, should be released by tomorrow.

Sorting options will include:
    1. Username
    2. Registration date
    3. Message count
    4. Last Activity
    5. Likes Count
    6. Trophy Points

7. Reputation Points (For those using the reputations system)

Option to choose which sorting methods you want to allow will be available in AdminCP

Digital Doctor likes this.
  13. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

14. Digital Doctor

Can you make one of your options the default option ?
    ie. When I am on the Forums Tab and I click the Member Tab .... I would want one of your sort options vs. the default alphabetical option that is the only option in Xenforo 1.1.3.

15. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

Already included :), You choose any one of the options as default and also the sorting direction for default cases.

Digital Doctor likes this.
  16. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

Could you assist me in letting me know which other addons have a particular statistic that may be used for sorting. So far I have come to know of these:
    1. Reputation System- Reputation Points - DONE
    2. MyPoints - Points - DONE
    3. Banking - Money - DONE
    4. Friends - No. of Friends - DONE
    5. XenTrader - Positive Feedback/Trader Ratings - DONE
    6. PostRatings - Positive/Negative
    7. [DBTech] DragonByte Signatures - Points - DONE
    8. [DBTech] DragonByte Avatars - Points - DONE

Besides this I think I got all the possible stats from XF core, except followers, which is also on the todo list.

17. Digital Doctor

Are there permissions with this ? Some sorting options would be moderator or admin only ?

18. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

At the moment no, there are no permissions. Only enabling and disabling of a particular criteria.

However permissions are on chalkboard. Which sorting options do you think should have permissions? And how should I have permission setup?

19. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

Update: Only followers and post ratings are left to be implemented. All others have been implemented.

20. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member