Lack of interest Option to use Captcha and Q&A and multiple questions

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Black Tiger

I wonder why this wasn't suggested before.

For anti forum spam it would be a good idea if both a captcha and Q&A could be used.

Next to that, at this moment only 1 question is asked in Q&A. Nice, but if a spammer gets the answer, they are in.
So if it would be configurable, for example 3 questions, if they know one, they still are not in because they don't know the other 2.

It doesn't matter if you don't know exactly which question is compromised beceause with 3 questions it takes longer anyway and when you use like 5 or 7 questions which can be choose of randomly, they are easy to replace.

I've used this very effectively on a couple of forums and we hardly got any spammers in. And at the time 2 of 3 came in, we changed all question and all was quiet again.

But prime would be if Q&A (even with 1 question) could be enabled next to 1 captcha option.

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I know your forums, but this is a Suggestion to improve Xen.
Next to that, Spaminator is not free, while I got the same result by the method mentioned, without the need of payed software.

I know about payed options, but this is already build in and the feature request is to improve this. ;)

Captcha's are build in so there is no real need for another one.
As far as I remember, I already used a combination of captcha and questions in vB 3.8. But I got out of there when IB took over and people like Kier left. So I don't know if v4 and/or 5 still have this possibility.

I think for payed requests you need to be in another section.

Don't agree with that, as I've said, I think with specific niches it adds a unique flare to the registration process, I'd be willing to pay for a premium add-on.

If the default is enough for you, that's fine. I'm looking for more.

Top Bottom