1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Option to turn off notable members list

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Adam Howard, May 21, 2014.

1. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Yes, I am aware that you can turn on and off the members list (it's off by default since XenForo 1.2.x). But this still leaves the notable members list. There simply are places that do not want any members list whatsoever.

I am aware that there is an add-on / guide to removing this manually (I should know, I authored it)

It would be nice though if there was an option to completely turn this off. Please and thank you :)
  2. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Hi Adam,

If I understand correctly, you would like it to look like this when a visitor clicks the Member tab.

3. Adam Howard

Yes, but also have the option to remove the members tab altogether :)
  4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

5. Adam Howard

Yes, my guide tells you how to do that as well.

But I'm talking about having the option to turn it all off, without editing files. So that not even a spam bot or smart member can find it, because there will be nothing to find.

Ideally, if its off they should be greeted with either "nothing to see here" type message.
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

SneakyDave likes this.
  7. Adam Howard

^ Click that.

That is what someone should get if they elect to turn off the members list. As if it does not exist. It should not even be found when off.
  8. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Adam Howard likes this.
  9. Adam Howard

10. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I just upload to resources Remove Notable Members v1.1 which now removed the Notable Members link in the navigation.

Adam Howard likes this.