• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Optimize Mappings

Sunka

I am using latest version of ellasticsearch and enhanced search.
One confusing element is that I have an option in tools => elasticsearch setup to Optimize Mappings.
When I click on that, nothing happened.

I tried delete index, then click on Optimize Mappings and then rebuild search, but this option allways show again in tools => elasticsearch setup

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I don't have any issues with this in Elasticsearch 2.0.0. We did run into this in the past version, but it was fixed a while ago. Can you confirm the versions involved?

RoldanLT

Click on Optimize Mappings, nothing happen then Check the check box Delete index, then Delete Index.
Should work as expected.

Sunka

Click on Optimize Mappings, nothing happen then Check the check box Delete index, then Delete Index.
Should work as expected.
Nothing changed.
clicked:
Optimise mappings
check delete index
delete index
(optimise mappings opition is still there)
rebilding search

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I've just tried to confirm this with Elasticsearch 2.1.0 and it has worked without issue, so I don't believe it's specific to that. Did this work with a previous version of Elasticsearch/XFES add-on?

Sunka

I installed xfes just about week ago. First few days was on elastictic search 1.7 and XFES 1.1.2 and there was no problems, then I update to elastic search 2.1 and XFES 1.1.3 and that was first time that I see that option (Optimize Mappings) showing in ACP.
Whatever I do, that options stay there, like optimization is never done

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I can try to look into it. I'd need to be able to debug the code though, so I'd need ACP and FTP access. Can you submit a ticket with this information?

MstrfBlng

Any updates? My 'Optimize mappings' button shows up too. XFES 1.1.3 and ES 2.1.1

Odd thing is my XFES installation is 3 hours old. :)

Pressing the button doesn't seem to do anything and it also doesn't disappear.

Sunka

Yep, autocomplete is working.
If I turn off this addon, then when deleting index and rebuild search, optimize mappings is not showing any more.
I managed this way. Uninstall your addon, delete search index, rebuild search, install your addon, save setting for your addon, delete index again, rebuild search index again.

I think that this kind of "error" is related with upgrading elastic search and enhanced search addon when your addon is installed on server. Probably I am wrong (y)