• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Browser issue  Opera & sig links

Caelum

Running Opera 11; some links in sigs don't seem to work for some vague reason. Can't think of any reason why it happens. It only happens with some of them, too.

To reproduce: go to Peggy's profile & click the We ♥ Our Kids link in her sig (sorry Peggy! :p)
Had it happen in other signatures too, but Peggy's is the only one to come to mind right now. I'll edit this if I see more.

Wish I could give yas more info, but yeah, I'm fairly clueless about this one <_<

EDIT: Also happens on the following.
  • VincentU's "Selling XenLanguages.com & XenInstallations.com!" link
  • Shelley's "The Happy Place - Clickable Smilies Under Editor Control" link
EDIT #2: I think it's only happening to the first bold link in sigs for some reason. Definitely seems related to link styling (and/or how Opera parses it) though.

EDIT #3 O_O: Not happening to all bold links either though.

EDIT #4: Just saw an occurrence of it happening outside of sigs - here. Clicking the link Brogan posted in that ...post, causes the exact same effect (or lack thereof)

Lawrence

Confirmed using Opera 11.00. As Caelum reports it appears to be happening to the first bold link and not the others. I would say this is a browser bug with Opera.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Yeah, this is definitely an Opera bug. For example, in Vincent's sig, "selling" is clickable, but not the rest.