1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser Issue Opera & sig links

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Caelum, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Caelum

Caelum Well-Known Member

Running Opera 11; some links in sigs don't seem to work for some vague reason. Can't think of any reason why it happens. It only happens with some of them, too.

To reproduce: go to Peggy's profile & click the We ♥ Our Kids link in her sig (sorry Peggy! :p)
    Had it happen in other signatures too, but Peggy's is the only one to come to mind right now. I'll edit this if I see more.

Wish I could give yas more info, but yeah, I'm fairly clueless about this one <_<

EDIT: Also happens on the following.
    • VincentU's "Selling XenLanguages.com & XenInstallations.com!" link
    • Shelley's "The Happy Place - Clickable Smilies Under Editor Control" link
    EDIT #2: I think it's only happening to the first bold link in sigs for some reason. Definitely seems related to link styling (and/or how Opera parses it) though.

EDIT #3 O_O: Not happening to all bold links either though.

EDIT #4: Just saw an occurrence of it happening outside of sigs - here. Clicking the link Brogan posted in that ...post, causes the exact same effect (or lack thereof)
  2. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Confirmed using Opera 11.00. As Caelum reports it appears to be happening to the first bold link and not the others. I would say this is a browser bug with Opera.
    Kaiser likes this.
  3. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Yea, its a browser bug, not in xenforo im sure.
  4. Caelum

Caelum Well-Known Member

Probably true, aye.

In other news: it just happened outside of a sig. See my edit.
  5. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Well, in or out of the signature, it still can't be fixed by the Devs, it's an Opera bug. So go complain there ;)
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah, this is definitely an Opera bug. For example, in Vincent's sig, "selling" is clickable, but not the rest.