XF 1.4 Opening alerts triggers "Invalid UTF-8 sequence" error

jflory7

Hello XenForo forums,

I've recently had an issue with my opening my alerts on my site today. Whenever I mouse over the alerts, I am given a stacktrace that is related to this error in my ACP:

Code:
Server Error Log

Error Info

ErrorException: json_encode(): Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument - library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php:188
Generated By: JWF, 4 minutes ago

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'json_encode(): ...', '/var/www/crysta...', 188, Array)
#1 /var/www/crystalcraftmc.com/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(188): json_encode(Array)
#2 /var/www/crystalcraftmc.com/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(104): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::jsonEncodeForOutput(Array)
#3 /var/www/crystalcraftmc.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(586): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'account_alerts_...', NULL)
#4 /var/www/crystalcraftmc.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#5 /var/www/crystalcraftmc.com/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(169) "http://crystalcraftmc.com/account/alerts-popup?&_xfRequestUri=%2F&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfToken=1%2C1423484997%2C532e7c477600d0110f1c404fc96617f23904d956&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1423484997,532e7c477600d0110f1c404fc96617f23904d956"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I tried using this on the default XenForo theme and my custom styles to no avail — I still get the same result. Can anyone help direct me from where to go from here to figure out this problem? I'm trying to figure out the next step. Thanks!

What about if you disable add-ons?

If you go to the full alerts page (<url>/account/alerts), what happens? Is there any weird looking content on the page?

What about if you disable add-ons?

If you go to the full alerts page (<url>/account/alerts), what happens? Is there any weird looking content on the page?
*sighs*

As always seems to be the case, I left my desktop this morning, came home, and found that the alerts seem to be working fine now. I had rebuilt all of the different caches in the ACP right before I left. But now, it seems that it isn't repeatable.

Anyways, for possible future reference, opening the Alerts page worked fine for me even when the pop-up did not. I didn't notice any strange characters or foreign text that could have triggered it.

Top Bottom