Not a bug "Oops! We ran into some problems." When Adding Google AdSense Code

NURV

Affected version
After upgrading to 2.0, when I try to add AdSense code as a new ad, I get the following error:

Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

This is on a fresh upgrade to 2.0 with no plugins added. The Google AdSense code that I am adding is unmodified:

JavaScript:
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- Leaderboard -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxx"
     data-ad-slot="xxxxxxxxxx"
     data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

Has this happened to anybody else and if so, were you able to resolve it? Would love to hear from the developers too if possible as I can't add any ads to my forums again until this is resolved.

Thanks!

No. I've also tried in an incognito browser in Chrome as well as FireFox 2.0 and got the same error. I also get the same error when trying to add Google Analytics code to the PAGE_CONTAINER template, which is probably a related issue.

I just did a test reply of just a single emoji (since I know there is a database change needed to support these) and I got the same error. A plain text reply did work though. I'm guessing I just need to upgrade my character encoding in the database to work with 2.0. Is that upgraded automatically when upgrading to 2.0 or do I need to take extra steps?

It could be mod security involved.

The browser console error message will confirm if that is the case.

So, just to update this in case anybody else runs into this. It wasn't an issue specific to the ads page or even my server setup. It was due to Cloudflare security settings. I was able to resolve the issue by changing the Firewall settings within Cloudflare.

Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

i found this error every tie when i login, add-on section etc automatic logout from there why?

Top Bottom