Only thumbnails coming from CDN

motowebmaster

I may have forgotten, but can't remember why thumbnails would be the only element being served from my CDN. The media-view and full-size images are being served directly from my server.

Is that normal, or is there something I've missed?

If you're using an add-on to provide the CDN functionality then you would need to contact the author of that add-on.

Otherwise, the only way that XF (and the Gallery) would support hosting files from a different location is by specifying a custom internal data directory in your config.php

PHP:
$config['internalDataPath'] = 'internal_data';

Otherwise, the only way that XF (and the Gallery) would support hosting files from a different location is by specifying a custom internal data directory in your config.php
Could I get clarification on this? I've been using MaxCDN on vB for years, and continue to use them now that I'm on Xenforo.

Is there a simple change we can do to have images and media cached in the CDN that I've missed?

Generally, no. Attachments (including media) are generally served by PHP to enforce permissions (and to potentially allow other functionality). As such, they are served by the web server.

If you're using an add-on to provide the CDN functionality then you would need to contact the author of that add-on.

PHP:
$config['internalDataPath'] = 'internal_data';
Any updates on this? I still don't understand why the full size image does not support CDN. I don't really see a way to use the internal data to show the full size images via CDN mirror.

Top Bottom