Add-on Only allow OP to post replies to own thread

SpecialK

We have a forum where users should only be able to post replies to threads that they have started. I don't see a way to do this with standard permissions. Is there an addon that accomplishes this?

That doesn't seem to be what we need. We need basically a new node permission (Can post replies to others' threads) to disable all users from posting any replies to threads that aren't their own in the specified node.

You could use an add-on that allows the author to lock their own thread thus only they can post in it.
Not sure if there are others but User Essentials has this.

But once it's locked, even the OP can't make a reply, right? Or can he? If so, that would be perfect. We could write a listener to auto lock threads posted in this particular node.

I tested posting in a locked thread as an admin and it worked fine, but can regular users post in a locked thread if they're the original poster?

In my add-on only the author (and moderators) can post in such author locked threads. The thread must be locked by the author, so if you plan to set a cron for this it would have to be written appropriately.

Top Bottom