Online Status TimeOut [Paid] [Deleted]

You do realize that the Online Status Timeout option can be increased, right? It's just set to 15 minutes by default.

You do realize that the Online Status Timeout option can be increased, right? It's just set to 15 minutes by default.
Yep! But you need edit some function, because by cron entry, system auto clearly althought you set too much :)

this can just be edited in acp setting, I have done this already for free :)

admincp > options > user option > Online Status Timeout (minutes)

Last edited:
Its exactly the same except yours allows the online timeout to be set to more than 60 minutes, the description for this addon needs improving, hence the replies.

Wait a minute.

That works. But isn't it just a case of switching on debug and editing the existing option to allow a much bigger maximum value? No add on or code edits necessary.
Yes but they expressed in the thread that it would be reverted on upgrades so it solves that issue.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

So what if it is lost on upgrades... Change it again. And... Is it? I'm not so sure it is.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

So what if it is lost on upgrades... Change it again. And... Is it? I'm not so sure it is.

Pretty sure it is, if I rememer correctly. But is there some reason you wouldn't just disable the cron job that controls it? That's what I did, haven't noticed any adverse effects...

So what if it is lost on upgrades... Change it again.
Yup... $5 + copyright removal cost is a bit excessive for something that is already free to do beyond the 60 minute mark which XF ACP will already allow. Why would you want to keep people logged in longer when they're not online, other than to create a BS look of activity on your forum. People work it out pretty quick when they respond, and the person they see online isn't responding any time soon.

They start asking questions... they also visit via another computer and ask why are they still logged in when they get curious. One thread and all others read and wonder, also becoming further curious that the board is BS for activity.

I wish he would fix the multiple account detection instead of releasing this type of nonsense that is already free.

Top Bottom