• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Online Status Indicator within Threads

Did it break your display somehow? Forum functionality? Or just not display? If you haven't worked it out yet, I can take a look this weekend, assuming its a free theme that I can download and install. :)
Nope it did not break anything. And it's probably not an issue with your mod here at all.
What I did was install your add-on, then used Paul's code (here) to display an indicator rather than the text, as I really don't like the text.
The text displayed perfectly, but the indicator won't display. :(

I'm using the Flexile style, available on this site.

Maybe you misunderstand me.

I'm saying this add-on "Online status indicator" shouldn't be an add-on, it would be great in the core code.... and I'm suggesting putting it in beta 6. (With a thank you to Arik.)

I would agree with that. Online status indicator should be default.
I thought maybe he'd changed something. :)

Suggestion, in your xml file, change:
<phrase title="online_invisible" global_cache="0" version_id="3" version_string="1"><![CDATA[Online]]></phrase>
by
<phrase title="online_invisible" global_cache="0" version_id="3" version_string="1"><![CDATA[Invisible]]></phrase>

Invisible = online for the Administrators (only), and member group sees just Offline, no ?

Nice work Arik, I look forward to trying out the new functionality.

The only discrepancy I can see is if an Administrator sets themselves to hidden then Moderators see them as offline.

This is in contradiction to the normal forum view where Administrators show as online to Moderators.

For those of you wondering how to update the css, you need to use these classes:

userUserOnline
userUserOnlineInvisible
userUserOffline

Suggestion, in your xml file, change:
<phrase title="online_invisible" global_cache="0" version_id="3" version_string="1"><![CDATA[Online]]></phrase>
by
<phrase title="online_invisible" global_cache="0" version_id="3" version_string="1"><![CDATA[Invisible]]></phrase>

Invisible = online for the Administrators (only), and member group sees just Offline, no ?

That's why they're phrased. To me, it doesn't matter if they're online or invisible, they're still online. But, you're more than welcome to call them whatever you want. ;)

Nice work Arik, I look forward to trying out the new functionality.

The only discrepancy I can see is if an Administrator sets themselves to hidden then Moderators see them as offline.

This is in contradiction to the normal forum view where Administrators show as online to Moderators.

Should be possible to add that condition. I'll post a new version later this afternoon with it in.

Yeah, I just installed the add-on. Everyone is showing online lol.

Then you have quite a busy forum! People can't leave it alone!

Have you modified the Session Timeout within the Admin CP? Can you copy/paste your message_user_online template?

Should be possible to add that condition. I'll post a new version later this afternoon with it in.
That's great, thanks again for all your work on this add-on.

So presumably Moderators will now see Administrators as Invisible if they are set to hidden?

message_user_online:

<span class="userOnline"><span></span>Online</span>

i have no changed any of the settings for session timeout

That's the old template; you need to revert it.
The new template should look like this:

<span class="user{$userStatus.class}">{$userStatus.text}</span>

Top Bottom