1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Online status icon in postbit

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Alfa1, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

A handy feature that my members have gotten used to is a small icon in postbit to indicate if a member is online or not. Please add this function.

2. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

searching for resources with 'online' in the title will not expose the addon you refer to. What is the name of the addon?

4. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

5. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike!

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Personally, I think it should be a core feature.

Mian Shahid and Ludachris like this.
  7. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash Active Member

Liked as agree should be core feature

8. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

There seem to be some issues with that hack, as its breaking responsive design and will not show up in the set location. While this is off topic, it does portray why such functions should be in the core.

9. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Good suggestion, this should be included in XenForo long time.

10. QenTox

QenTox Well-Known Member

So don't forget to like his (first) post, if you want to see this implemented in XenForo :)

Alien likes this.
  11. UKD

UKD Active Member

and a very good ass-on this is too :). I've been using it for a while now and it has a very tasteful small red and green dot next to user names. The problem is add-ons can break upon a XenForo update so for it to be part of the core would get my vote.

The Sandman likes this.
  12. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

13. rellect

rellect Well-Known Member

14. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

That suggestion seems to relate more to Shelleys artwork than to the online status function.
    In any case, there surely is no lack of interest in this function. 10 votes in a few days so far.

15. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I've been playing with the online/offline thing again so it got a like from me.

The add-on recommended above btw is very good and your able (pending your comfortable with css and photoshop) can craft out many new forms of online status. Point being it's good as a temp solution until this is/may be accommodated.

online-indicators.png Screenshot_22.png Screenshot_25.png

erich37 and The Forum Heroes like this.
  16. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

So I'm guessing an "ass-on" is an add-on with a little extra attitude? :)

17. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

I like this idea:
    (But with clear style ...?!)

Screenshot_25.png

0ptima likes this.
  18. The Sandman

@Shelley - I like the concepts so far, but have you tried a series of "lights" around the username that are either off or on depending on online status - kind of like a theatre marquee?

Alfa1 likes this.
  19. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Clear Style?
    I think that would be annoying for members but I have some xmas lights i design a while back and will try those later.

20. The Sandman

Yeah, possibly. I meant fairly small points of light though, not anything too big or overpowering.