One Year Later After Converting To Xenforo...

DRE

To this day I am still moving stuff from my vB4 site to xenforo. I mentioned last year that I reposted my member's blogs and their blogs comments manually over from vB4 blogs to LN Blogs because there was no importer back then. Today I'm working on album comments, pretty much doing the same thing because there was no album importer back then and I deleted my old vB4 installation long time ago. Back then I copied in pasted the comments and dates to a word file so I could convert them later. Here's a screenshot of me converting dates to unix timestamp for when I start posting the comments manually then changing the username id and date it was posted in Phpmyadmin.

albums.webp

I salute your dedication 8thos.

I'm still dreading converting a few thousand emails from a yahoo email list before that particular community came on XF. I still want their posts transferred for the record as there's a lot of good stuff there. Heck of a job though as I have to clean up the posts manually of loads of yahoo rubbish.

I salute your dedication 8thos.

I'm still dreading converting a few thousand emails from a yahoo email list before that particular community came on XF. I still want their posts transferred for the record as there's a lot of good stuff there. Heck of a job though as I have to clean up the posts manually of loads of yahoo rubbish.
It's totally worth it though. Facebook started out hijacking email lists. The fact you got one honest is great.

You definitely have more patience than most :). I normally use (g)awk or write a shell script to automate such tedious stuff.

If you're at all comfortable with the cli on a *nix platform, I'd recommend playing around with the various text processing utilities -- time savers! A pretty good summary of most of them can be found here.

Top Bottom