One Conversation With One Member

tafreehm

Hello,
I think its sort of annoying when a user start more than one conversation with same user. Sometimes they don't provide good title, so it gets harder to find a specific message.

Is there anyway where I can prevent user to start new conversation with user when One is already open. Unless they wanna create a conversation more than one user.

If a user create new conversation, when one is already active. Then Instead of showing error it should gets merged with an open one..

There is no function or addon that does what you decribe.

However XF Conversations are lacking in essential features like displaying who is talking to who. This and other features are available in an addon by Syndol. There is a free and a paid version.
Having the names of participants clearly displayed makes using Conversations so much easier. Also Syndol's addon has other good stuff.

There is no function or addon that does what you decribe.

However XF Conversations are lacking in essential features like displaying who is talking to who. This and other features are available in an addon by Syndol. There is a free and a paid version.
Having the names of participants clearly displayed makes using Conversations so much easier. Also Syndol's addon has other good stuff.
Will wait for 1.2. If 1.2 does not improve conversation feature. I would definitely go with his add-on
Thanks

In some ways XenForo's PC system is revolutionary, ie multiple participants and threaded messages.

But in other more basic ways, it lags behind even free software. When I scroll through PC lists, I have no idea who each PC is with since most members give PC's the title of Hello or Hi. This really should have been addressed in the gold 1.0 release or at least 1.0.1

It's a feature we use every day, also I cant seem to stop 'watching' or receiving email for individual PC's which is beyond frustrating

Top Bottom